Ways to retain unlimited data plan

Ed Blown Vert

Reaction score
Website
ls1.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung S22U
I have a account with a mix of multiple phones on it my phone # has a unlimited data plan. So when the note 2 comes out I was thinking I could order one online on one of the numbers with no data and pay the first $40 and then just cancel that data plan since it will never have the note 2 on it. According the verizon rep the data plan on effects the line the new phone is order on so my thinking is that this will work.

This is what I did over the weekend and got two Maxx HD as the discounted price. I have 4 lines, 2 smart phones and 2 basic phones.
Used the upgrade from the basic phones, and bought the Maxx HD on the two year contract price. + $30 per line for the upgrade.
Then moved the Maxx's back to my 1st and 2nd line. I also had them move the contracts back to my smart phones.
Checked my account online and I still have my unlimited data on both smart phones.

vatothe0

Reaction score
This is what I did over the weekend and got two Maxx HD as the discounted price. I have 4 lines, 2 smart phones and 2 basic phones.
Used the upgrade from the basic phones, and bought the Maxx HD on the two year contract price. + $30 per line for the upgrade.
Then moved the Maxx's back to my 1st and 2nd line. I also had them move the contracts back to my smart phones.
Checked my account online and I still have my unlimited data on both smart phones.

The contracts weren't moved though. That's not possible.

Ed Blown Vert

Reaction score
Website
ls1.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung S22U
How are you verifying that? Contact end dates aren't shown online.

I guess I should have worded it Upgrade.

"Upgrade Available on 06/21/14"

But she used only one line for the two contracts, Not sure how I signed two contracts on one line.
My receipts show I had two activations on one line.

Last edited:

vatothe0

Reaction score
They weren't as of last November when I worked there. Guess that changed.

vatothe0

Reaction score
Interesting. Transferring a contract was never, ever allowed. This completely invalidates having people not use upgrades on unlimited lines.

Something still seems off.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Transferring a contract was never, ever allowed. This completely invalidates having people not use upgrades on unlimited lines.

Something still seems off.

I used to do it all the time, even had a 5th line for upgrades only in case one of the 4 others didn't survive 2 years or a must have device came out.. Your old NE2 and other perks were tied to the phone number not device. Evidently they still are with upgrades.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

vatothe0

Reaction score
I used to do it all the time, even had a 5th line for upgrades only in case one of the 4 others didn't survive 2 years or a must have device came out.. Your old NE2 and other perks were tied to the phone number not device. Evidently they still are with upgrades.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

That wasn't transferring the contract though, just the equipment. You were renewing that 5th line for another 2 years and your line was not affected other than getting a new device.

What supposedly happened here was an upgrade was done at a discount on a basic line, the equipment was moved and the contract/upgrade date were moved as well. While possible for someone to manually change these dates, you needed supervisor level access and a documented reason showing you were correcting an error.

I wonder if the basic line still shows eligible for upgrade and near the end of its contract.

OP
P
Reaction score
And the secret is to make sure you first activate the new phone on the tiered line. The new phone, first time the esn is activated will trigger the tiered contract. Once the new phone is activated on the tiered line and that contract is updated, then you can put that new phone on any line you want.

Now that the phones have sim cards cant you just swap em out?