[ROM] The CM7 Gingerbread ROM (CM4D2-GB) is now ready for prime time!

Nosdroidamus

Reaction score
Anyone figure out the fix for the camera focussing issue? I've tried clearing the data in the camera app and opening a picture from the camera app itself with no luck.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anyone figure out the fix for the camera focussing issue? I've tried clearing the data in the camera app and opening a picture from the camera app itself with no luck.

Did you mean zoom? If so, zoom works via volume keys seemingly for everyone, and I've seen several posts from people saying that they are using both volume and touchscreen zoom w/out FC.

Try running fix permissions in ROM Manager if you haven't tried that.

Nosdroidamus

Reaction score
Did you mean zoom? If so, zoom works via volume keys seemingly for everyone, and I've seen several posts from people saying that they are using both volume and touchscreen zoom w/out FC.

Try running fix permissions in ROM Manager if you haven't tried that.

No. Sadly, my phone seems to not want to focus prior to taking a picture or recording video. The zoom works fine. I've tried fixing permissions from CWM recovery, but not Rom Manager. I'll try that.

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
No. Sadly, my phone seems to not want to focus prior to taking a picture or recording video. The zoom works fine. I've tried fixing permissions from CWM recovery, but not Rom Manager. I'll try that.
\

Interesting, don't think I've heard that one before...try loading the MIUI camera and see if it can focus.

[APP] MIUI Camera on CM7 - xda-developersopy to system/app and set permissions/owner to the same as camera.apk, and reboot...it will show up as "Miui camera" in your app tray.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
@Redfea! And whom it may concern..

I charged back up, which didn't take nearly as long as froyo kern...And since around 9:30pm was using pretty heavy off and on,(by heavy I mean staying on the site and flipping around the web, and even a partial dl..I am now @ 12:12am and reading 80%..I think that since I was out traveling the city a bit today it was draining a little due to the tower trading..lol Anyway, just an obsevation and am still enjoying the work that was put in here! Thanks again and to you personally for the on the fly notices to all!! You guys and the team Rock and do excellent work! Thanks again!! :) the drummer:)

Nosdroidamus

Reaction score
\

Interesting, don't think I've heard that one before...try loading the MIUI camera and see if it can focus.

[APP] MIUI Camera on CM7 - xda-developersopy to system/app and set permissions/owner to the same as camera.apk, and reboot...it will show up as "Miui camera" in your app tray.

Did I ever tell you how much I love you Redflea? Fixing permissions in Rom Manager just seemed to fix the camera permanently, and that has been literally pi$$ing me off all day. Thank you very much kind sir!

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did I ever tell you how much I love you Redflea? Fixing permissions in Rom Manager just seemed to fix the camera permanently, and that has been literally pi$$ing me off all day. Thank you very much kind sir!

LOL...no problem. Glad things worked out. Fix Permissions is some seriously powerful mojo...

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
From RevNumbers tonight:

1. His unofficial nightlies are up and running again
2. The nightlies a the link below are ONLY for the CM4D2-GB ROM - lucky for us!

CM4D2 unnoficial nightly links

Last edited:

tattedupboy

Reaction score
So now I have to decide between the official nightlies or this. Decisions, decisions.....

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just asked the same question over on rootzwiki. I just dl the 8/28 build and am about to flash.

Jboxen also has his mods zip out over on rootzwiki.

CM74D2-GB

Cheepjeep

Reaction score
\

i had a problem with my camera too, every time i tried to zoom in the camera would freeze, uninstalled it and installed the miui cam and it works pretty good the zoom is a little glitchy but works. thank you.

Cheepjeep

Reaction score
I just asked the same question over on rootzwiki. I just dl the 8/28 build and am about to flash.

Jboxen also has his mods zip out over on rootzwiki.

CM74D2-GB
i just checked out that thread on rootzwiki about jboxen's mods, do you mind explaining those mods and what they do, trying to learn here but i have no idea what all of that stuff means, if its something i should stay away from for now please let me know, lol.

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score