[ROM] The CM7 Gingerbread ROM (CM4D2-GB) is now ready for prime time!

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Once you run the option you want, enter 17 to exit. Hit the close tab at the top left. You'll be back in script manager. Hit back once or twice until you see the data folder. In there at the bottom, you'll see the new v6 script that you selected. Click it. When the box opens, make sure run as root and run at boot are both checked. Then hit run. Now exit out and reboot. It should all be applied now.

CM74D2-GB

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
It is simply the best.

I just calibrated and am excited to see the difference in battery life.

CM74D2-GB

combatmedic870

Reaction score
It is simply the best.

CM74D2-GB
With heavy use (overclocked to 1.3ghz, changing settings and d/l's with wifi changing themes, played modern combat a while... ect) after 14 hours I was at 60% when i would normal be dead. I can see me getting 2 days of normal use with this rom! dancedroid

So im glad to see that i can be SUPER bored and only have my phone and not have to worry about killing it!

Last edited:

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score
It is simply the best.

CM74D2-GB

I wiped the stats. Now I am waiting for the battery to die then recharge.

Posted from my D2 with CM7GB

Cheepjeep

Reaction score
Battery life is awesome on this rom, I've had it unplugged since I flashed it this morning, restoring apps, setting things up and playing around. Been up on the mtn with it searching for signal for about 4hrs and I'm still at 80% normally it would be close to dead. V6 super charger is sounds like something I need to look into.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score
I am a bit concerned about battery at this point. I cleared battstats at 4 it's almost 7 and I'm down to 20%! I am running this thing hard to kill it, but I've never seen 80% in 3 hours on my phone.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm getting on average around 10% decrease per 70 min.

In addition to calibration, I calibrated the cpu with quickclock advanced to get the lowest voltage possible for any given frequency. This will save even more battery life (in theory) while not sacrificing performance. Currently I'm running a balanced profile:

300/14
695/34
927/45
1159/57

Frequency/voltage

I can actually get my minimum voltage to 11vsel/300mhz

With v6, systcl tweaks and this cpu profile, this d2 is instantaneously fast. Loving this rom.

CM74D2-GB

Last edited:

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am a bit concerned about battery at this point. I cleared battstats at 4 it's almost 7 and I'm down to 20%! I am running this thing hard to kill it, but I've never seen 80% in 3 hours on my phone.

Disregard..phone dropped..:)
Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Last edited:

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score

Ooops...dropped the phone..lol Anyway...I didn't use my phone as heavily as usual..Now I'm not saying the battery isn't improved...I am saying my phone died, after full charge at 10am..light use..by 8:00pm...I've got to do something...

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ooops...dropped the phone..lol Anyway...I didn't use my phone as heavily as usual..Now I'm not saying the battery isn't improved...I am saying my phone died, after full charge at 10am..light use..by 8:00pm...I've got to do something...

That's even worse than my battery life on Froyo CM7.

Suggest you get Juice Defender from the market and set that on balanced and expect more improvement, but it does seem you've got something odd going on to die that quickly.

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Once you run the option you want, enter 17 to exit. Hit the close tab at the top left. You'll be back in script manager. Hit back once or twice until you see the data folder. In there at the bottom, you'll see the new v6 script that you selected. Click it. When the box opens, make sure run as root and run at boot are both checked. Then hit run. Now exit out and reboot. It should all be applied now.

CM74D2-GB

You don't want to set run at boot, just run as root when you run the script in script manager. That is not required to retain settings. Zepplin's script says not to set the script to run as root in his instructions in the script.

Last edited:

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Especially with light use. I can see that with heavy use, but not light.

CM74D2-GB

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's even worse than my battery life on Froyo CM7.

Suggest you get Juice Defender from the market and set that on balanced and expect more improvement, but it does seem you've got something odd going on to die that quickly.

Yeah...you know I use this thing extremely heavy..I am wondering too if I just need a new battery..I have abused this thing..its ran more than it has been on sleep or off...lol I am loving all the ROMs and all....it can't be the ROM..it HAS to be my battery at this point...I can only think of one thing to do...Run a stock ROM and see if its any different.. or better yet..try apex maybe..and if it dies fast there too, them my battery is just losing its strength...its a year old and I've read that there are only so many charges..and I've run it down several times a day on cm7 and others..so I can't expect it to be accurate...I am happy with the work put into all this...so I will do some searching...and testing...and purchase a new batt when I can...thanks all!!:)