1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Using Rom Manager, can't get CM7 to install

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod - D2' started by shugknight, Aug 3, 2011.

1. shugknight

shugknight New Member

I rooted my OG D1 a while ago and was able to install ROMS with no problem.

Then it broke, was replaced by a D2, and I've never done anything to it other than root it. Now I'm trying to install CM7 using Rom Manager.

I flashed to ClockworkMod 2.5.0.8 and downloaded CM7 Nightly build 32, along with the Google Apps.

After downloading, it prompted me that it will reboot and install CM7.

Phone rebooted, and no install?

Did I do something wrong?
  2. pressguy27

pressguy27 New Member

No you didn't do anything wrong, sometimes rom manager doesn't play well with the d2. You going have to get the d2 bootstrapper app and use that to boot into clockwork and flash cm7

Sent from my DROID2 using CM7
  3. havens1515

havens1515 New Member

AFTER you load CM7 however, DO NOT use D2 bootstrapper. Boot into recovery from ROM Manager, OR press and hold the power button, select reboot, then reboot recovery.

If you use D2 bootstrapper while on CM7, you will have to sbf to get your phone to boot again.
Search tags for this page

cant install rom using rom manager

using rom manager to install cm7 on droid 3 2013