[ROM] The CM7 Gingerbread ROM (CM4D2-GB) is now ready for prime time!

jdubya

Reaction score
I turned off superuser logging. (Did nothing). Here are a few of the popups

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Well, I did turn off logging, but the "su" still kept popping up....didn't get those particular errors, as I was installing zips kept saying successful. I dunno.

mgarney26

Reaction score
Well, I did turn off logging, but the "su" still kept popping up....didn't get those particular errors, as I was installing zips kept saying successful. I dunno.

Yeah mine will continue to pop up for about 10 minutes after it completes as well. It is a little annoying but ya get used to it...lol...anyways about the being stuck at the boot logo....I had that problem as well but you have to give it quite some time to boot up as its coming from the sd card and can take a lot longer to load because of this. How long are you at the M logo before you battery pull?

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah mine will continue to pop up for about 10 minutes after it completes as well. It is a little annoying but ya get used to it...lol...anyways about the being stuck at the boot logo....I had that problem as well but you have to give it quite some time to boot up as its coming from the sd card and can take a lot longer to load because of this. How long are you at the M logo before you battery pull?

Ok...I'm going to change my info. I have to check this "Boot Manager" guy out! Lol (Thanks Brad!!) Lol

Tapped by the Droid Drummer!
Cyanogen Hunger--------Peace---------->>>

mgarney26

Reaction score
Ok...I'm going to change my info. I have to check this "Boot Manager" guy out! Lol (Thanks Brad!!) Lol

Its really cool...however I hope you have a MASSIVE sized sd card because it will eat it up

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its really cool...however I hope you have a MASSIVE sized sd card because it will eat it up

Buying now! Just got off the laptop...lol

jdubya

Reaction score

Hmm, maybe not long enough...I'll check. I'm not the most patient guy! Thanks mg

Edit: finally got it to run.....now I see liberty isn't 2nd init......DOH

Last edited:

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok friends...I can't open the dang thing...(boot manager) keeps force closing! I turned off logging in su! Still nuh uh..lol wtf? I haven't even opened it!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
No takers? :-( I hate to get refunded. I really don't get it? Guess I will install new lib3 and try it then. The dev seems cool enough...my phones been screwy anyway today, time to flashy flashy!lol

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok friends...I can't open the dang thing...(boot manager) keeps force closing! I turned off logging in su! Still nuh uh..lol wtf? I haven't even opened it!

Thats weird, thats usually what the logging does but you turned it off... Try clearing application data or reinstalling. That usually fixes the issues I've had. Also, the first time you use it, it takes forever to load. After that its very fast.

Boot Manager

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by droid2drummer

Thats weird, thats usually what the logging does but you turned it off... Try clearing application data or reinstalling. That usually fixes the issues I've had. Also, the first time you use it, it takes forever to load. After that its very fast.

Boot Manager
I just got backup running. Is stock gingy ok for base rom? For now?

You Juss Been TAPPED! by the drummer...
Another day, yet another flash.....:)
<&mdash;&mdash;Peace!&mdash;&mdash;>

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just got backup running. Is stock gingy ok for base rom? For now?

No, your base ROM must be a 2nd init GB kernel ROM. The others can be any GB based ROM

Boot Manager

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
So, I need to get back on gingerbread before I mess with the app? Lol I was just on cm7 but had issues. This was my only backup.
Guess I will try Liquid 3.1..hey is liberty a 2nd init yet?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
So, I need to get back on gingerbread before I mess with the app? Lol I was just on cm7 but had issues. This was my only backup.
Guess I will try Liquid 3.1..hey is liberty a 2nd init yet?

No, Liberty 3 isn't 2nd init. You can run MIUI, Liquid 3.0+, CM7GB, or OMFGB as the base ROM.

Boot Manager

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
No, Liberty 3 isn't 2nd init. You can run MIUI, Liquid 3.0+, CM7GB, or OMFGB as the base ROM.

Boot Manager

I knew liberty wasn't 2nd but had to ask, as hearing of customizer made me think theme chooser for some reason...lol Wishful thinking? Lol peace! Thanks again as always b!