[ROM] The CM7 Gingerbread ROM (CM4D2-GB) is now ready for prime time!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I knew liberty wasn't 2nd but had to ask, as hearing of customizer made me think theme chooser for some reason...lol Wishful thinking? Lol peace! Thanks again as always b!

You Juss Been TAPPED! by the drummer...
Another day, yet another flash.....:)
<&mdash;&mdash;Peace!&mdash;&mdash;>

It would be nice as a 2nd init for sure, but then again, that would mean the HDMI probably wouldn't work. I use Boot Manager so I can run CM7 and other AOSP ROMs, then boot into a Blur based ROM so I can watch Netflix on my TV.

Boot Manager

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
It would be nice as a 2nd init for sure, but then again, that would mean the HDMI probably wouldn't work. I use Boot Manager so I can run CM7 and other AOSP ROMs, then boot into a Blur based ROM so I can watch Netflix on my TV.

Boot Manager

Wish I could too! Lol but I think the samsung fascinate has a way as well but not sure? Lol im still fooling with it...Nice device...but I can't wait to pick up my next one...Im trying to get a D3 or Inc2 or X2...lol hell, im a collector! :)

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wish I could too! Lol but I think the samsung fascinate has a way as well but not sure? Lol im still fooling with it...Nice device...but I can't wait to pick up my next one...Im trying to get a D3 or Inc2 or X2...lol hell, im a collector! :)

Sad thing is, Samsung devices aren't supported because of the way Samsung writes their code. They're supposed to be working on the Fascinate though.

They also said the Galaxy Nexus will be supported for sure

Boot Manager

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
New cm7 build up

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Awesome! I can't get the damned boot manager to frickin stay open..it won't open on cm7!! I'm gonna flash another build...lol maybe liquid..It opened with a backup of stock!! But its not supposed to..Lord what gives? I turned off logging in su as well...lemme clear data and see in the app....

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Awesome! I can't get the damned boot manager to frickin stay open..it won't open on cm7!! I'm gonna flash another build...lol maybe liquid..It opened with a backup of stock!! But its not supposed to..Lord what gives? I turned off logging in su as well...lemme clear data and see in the app....

Grrrrrr@&%$#@%&$##$%%$^&euro;¢£&euro;&radic;÷×{÷°°®®°\_°!!!!!!!!ok I feel better..going to try again with one more rom..funny how it opens with stock...But not 2nd init ...

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't know why you are having so many issues with it... The new version dropped tonight, with fixes and UI change.

Boot Manager

havens1515

Reaction score
Your android version is 2.3.7 which I believe means you are running gb cm7....plus its the same as mine....as for your boot manager problem can u send me a screenshot of the error message?

OK, just read through pages of this thread to get caught up from a couple days. The real thing that identifies that he's on the GB build is actually where it says "KANG". Both the Froyo and GB versions with say 2.3.7, because the OS is GB in both cases, it's the kernel that differs. "KANG" means that it is an unofficial build, which means it's Rev's build. If it was an official build it would say "nightly" instead of "KANG".

lpulle

Reaction score
WATCHOUT --- I installed the newest nightly and after reboot I got the little green man I had to reset the phone with all apps lost.

Then the boot manager updated and it hung up and would not run. Something like "Sorry this app cannot run

I restored to last backup

Last edited:

lpulle

Reaction score
Thanks havens for the info. This doesn't sound the way I meant.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK, just read through pages of this thread to get caught up from a couple days. The real thing that identifies that he's on the GB build is actually where it says "KANG". Both the Froyo and GB versions with say 2.3.7, because the OS is GB in both cases, it's the kernel that differs. "KANG" means that it is an unofficial build, which means it's Rev's build. If it was an official build it would say "nightly" instead of "KANG".

Yeah, I'm having issues and can't get boot mang running...I'm kang and so I know its strange, but I can open it only in stock ROM...it says to be on 2nd Init...I also read I needed to flash something in recovery...lol But I can't open the dang thing...2.99 doesn't bother me, as much as my knowledge is above average with android and I can't figure out how to open a frickin app?? Lmao!

lpulle

Reaction score
Try uninstall at the market and reinstall with SU log off. Try and try again. Never did get the newest rev which came down last nite to work

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
You D2 guys seem to have a bunch of problems lol. I'm running the latest nightly and Boot Manager is working well.

D2D, if you still are having issues, I would email Init2Winit support. They are pretty fast to respond and will get ya up and running.

Boot Manager

mgarney26

Reaction score
My problem is with rom toolbox not downloading the newest version....just sent jrummy a email about it. Anyone know where else I can download it at?

mjs1015

Reaction score
Yeah I read they are having problems with the percentage showing but it does download. If you check in root explorer you can see its downloading.
Edit: nevermind it's working now.