The bionic community is dwindling...

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by Bionic_Racer, Aug 18, 2012.

1. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

Ratings:
    +49
    I'm happy with my Bionic and have no plans to get rid of it. Of course when my contract is up I'll be looking for another phone, but I always do that.

2. bluezdawg

bluezdawg Member

Ratings:
    +11
    My contract is up in a couple of months. I was an early OG owner, frequent soak tester and have been pretty loyal to Motorola & Verizon. But personally, I think it's time to move on. All options are on the table. Right now, Galaxy S3 or the One X are looking like viable options. While it's been fun, and I like hacking occasionally, I don't think the average consumer should have to do that because a vendor(s) chose to abandon them. With that said, this has been the most awesome user community that I have participated in! Sure I'll always drop in to see what folks are up to.

Sent from my butt-kick'n DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk2

3. dlcramer

dlcramer Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Loved my OG. I love my bionic. Haven't installed any leaks. If it doesn't get an official ICS update I will be upset but not at the phone. Unless Motorola comes up with something spectacular (not impressed with the RAZR line and non removable batteries) I will be looking for a new brand in a year tho.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

4. Tums

Tums New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I just got this phone in late February and it's my first smartphone. I had my last phone for nearly 4 years so the only thing that might get me to buy a new phone is when my upgrade comes on October of 2013 and there is something that I really want or when my contract runs out in early 2014. Chances are I will have this phone until my contract runs out, unless I win some contest for a newer phone or something. So far so good with everything on this phone haven't had any issues what so ever. Hopefully we see ICS OTA soon and we make the list on Motorola's UNLOCKED bootloader device page once they add more names to it.

Besides that I am very happy with my Bionic.

5. dlcramer

dlcramer Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I doubt Verizon will let any of their models make the boot loader device page.:banghead:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

6. reebz

reebz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I got mine on launch day and am still quite pleased with it. running ICS .2233, ss'd with JB alpha on safe side. It does all I ask it to do. I've never had any problems with it.

7. les017

les017 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm just stock rooted since launch week and I am very happy with the Bionic. Sure there are a few minor issues but they mostly seem to get cleaned up with ICS. I can't see myself spending the money or bother to do anything for at least the next year.

8. DrJay

DrJay Member

Ratings:
    +0
    LMFAO. :D

Sent from my ICS DROID BIONIC using my fingers

9. ruinah

ruinah Member

Ratings:
    +0
    once I went to .232 I honestly think all of my problems have been solved. Everything is fluid, fast. The lapdock is what i have always wanted it to be. If moto pushes an OTA soon, I think I might even stay on .232. It's that good and my phone is as fast as any others I have seen. I was fed up with this release schedule but decided to try to take the plunge first and see where it got me before deciding if I needed to switch to another phone. At this point, there is no need.

10. guitarskoota

guitarskoota Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I love my Bionic. I will have it for quite a while I'm sure. Between the extended battery, ICS coming, and just being fast as heck, I don't see what more a newer phone could offer me besides JB which I could care less about, and it seems like for every good thing you gain on a newer phone, you get more bad things and bugs to put up with. I figure by the end of 2013 they will have phones out that blow the bionic away and then maybe it will be worth upgrading.

But my biggest thing is that I am on unlimited data, and I cannot renew my contract with Verizon and keep my unlimited data without switching to family shared plan, so my next phone will have to be purchased/won outright. Due to lack of cash, Bionic it will be for a while, but I don't mind.

11. BKiv

BKiv Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not losing me. I bought this phone just before VZW was going to do away with the unlimited data. So no upgrading here.

12. Anomander

Anomander Member

Ratings:
    +21
    I'm keeping mine until my two years are up (got mine shortly after it came out). I'm stock and just waiting for ICS, but even as it is the phone has been just fine. I'll be curious to see what the phone landscape looks like when I get to upgrade late next spring. The bigger question is what the phone plans are going to be like and how the data plans look.

13. droidrenegade

droidrenegade Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I have had mine since week 1 and i love mine ill stick for at another year

14. Mike.757

Mike.757 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +116
    My journey with my Bionic started a little rough. But the data drops cleared up and then I upgraded to .238 and have been very happy ever since. I am not actively looking for a phone. I know being a tech geek, something will get me in the future but for now I am happy.

15. mrredpants

mrredpants New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Add me to the list. I can't ask for anything more

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2