The bionic community is dwindling...

ric5141

Reaction score
I will be keeping it. Seems to do most everything I need. Very stable at this point.

Colette

Reaction score
New to the droid forum but I'm not abandoning my Bionic. Just glad I can come here for answers. Unfortunately :) some of the answers are technical and way over my head. I guess that's how I'll learn.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
That's the beautiful thing with Android phones as opposed to Apple. Within 6 to 8 months of a new phone coming out, you can pick it up for free on contact. Unlike the iPhone where they never offer them free. Isnt the 2 year old Iphone3 still like 50 bucks? lol The Nexus has been offered free for a couple weeks now.
:D

tap'n

mdotytx

Reaction score
I love my Bionic and don't plan on turning my back on it :). I also will never "upgrade" or renew my contract with Verizon due to their share everything trap. I plan on sticking with my Bionic until it dies.

mamawm

Reaction score
got mine on release day and have been a happy granny ever since. it's kinda like getting married to the "right one", when you get the one that's right for you, you don't want to look around at anything else.

lewwill

Reaction score
got mine on release day and have been a happy granny ever since. it's kinda like getting married to the "right one", when you get the one that's right for you, you don't want to look around at anything else.

Same here mamawm. Mine has been excellent from release date, stock and no mods. Waiting for ICS. Looks like the MOGO owers forum is down this AM. :angry:
Lew

quadtronix

Reaction score
I will be sticking with my Droid Bionic till my contract is up in 2013. I have been tempted by other phones, not gonna lie. But the Bionic has always served me well and with dual core + LTE + GB and ICS on the way... what more does a smartphone addict need? I am unrooted and kept the phone very stock. Even have the wallpaper as the one it came with... the red circuitry. But I can honestly say I am addicted to the Bionic. Am reading the Bionic for Dummies ebook for fun sometimes when Im in the mood for some laughs. Lol. Got the lapdock and extended battery though I switch sometimes to the standard battery... and I got the case with kickstand and holster from Verizon. My first android phone was an LG optimus v from virgin mobile so this was a huge upgrade for me! Love the 4.3 inch screen too! And this forum is awesome! Great ppl... great conversations and help/advice when needed! Yeah the Bionic and I have a good year plus to go before I even start to think about a different phone :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

thetingster

Reaction score
I have no interest in another phone right now. So my Bionic is it for a while.

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Yep unless something catastrophic occurs I will be keeping my bionic at least until may 2013.
ICS plus the lapdock makes it AWESOME

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Reaction score
Bought two Bionics on contract, and I'm stuck with both for another year. That said, as soon as the contract is up, I'll get a new phone with an UNLOCKED bootloader. If that means leaving VZW, so be it.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm happy with my Bionic and have no plans to get rid of it. Of course when my contract is up I'll be looking for another phone, but I always do that.

bluezdawg

Reaction score
My contract is up in a couple of months. I was an early OG owner, frequent soak tester and have been pretty loyal to Motorola & Verizon. But personally, I think it's time to move on. All options are on the table. Right now, Galaxy S3 or the One X are looking like viable options. While it's been fun, and I like hacking occasionally, I don't think the average consumer should have to do that because a vendor(s) chose to abandon them. With that said, this has been the most awesome user community that I have participated in! Sure I'll always drop in to see what folks are up to.

Sent from my butt-kick'n DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk2

dlcramer

Reaction score
Loved my OG. I love my bionic. Haven't installed any leaks. If it doesn't get an official ICS update I will be upset but not at the phone. Unless Motorola comes up with something spectacular (not impressed with the RAZR line and non removable batteries) I will be looking for a new brand in a year tho.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Tums

Reaction score
I just got this phone in late February and it's my first smartphone. I had my last phone for nearly 4 years so the only thing that might get me to buy a new phone is when my upgrade comes on October of 2013 and there is something that I really want or when my contract runs out in early 2014. Chances are I will have this phone until my contract runs out, unless I win some contest for a newer phone or something. So far so good with everything on this phone haven't had any issues what so ever. Hopefully we see ICS OTA soon and we make the list on Motorola's UNLOCKED bootloader device page once they add more names to it.

Besides that I am very happy with my Bionic.