The bionic community is dwindling...

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by Bionic_Racer, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Bionic_Racer

Bionic_Racer Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Thats because it is better. The bionic is a real gem.

2. Vepaot

Vepaot Active Member

Ratings:
    +46
    I'll jump ship when Motorola brings the big guns out and actually makes an end game phone again. As it stands right now though, I refuse to support Samsung and my Bionic is keeping me pretty content. People say Motorola isn't supporting it, but that's not true...we're getting new ICS leaks every so often which means they haven't forgotten about us. To be honest however, I think the best thing they probably could do is give us an unlocked bootloader and then officially absolve themselves of the Bionic. Wishful thinking though, right?

3. GrumpyOldGeek

GrumpyOldGeek Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I plan on keeping my Bionic for a several reasons:

I'm stuck in a contract .
    I'm looking at retirement shortly and I won't be able to afford a new phone as often as I have been. Besides I'm tired of trying to stay up to date with the latest and greatest. I'm sticking with what works.
    When I bought the phone, I got a heck of a deal because it was discontinued. I wound up with 2 regular and 1 extended battery, a charging dock, a lapdock and the phone itself for 150 bucks. Probably never get that kind of deal again.
    And the number 1 reason for keeping my Bionic, it works. It makes phone calls, it surfs the Internet, it gets my e-mail, it looks better in the sunlight than any phone I've seen or used.
    Sure, if it dies or stolen, then I'll have to get something else, but for now, me and my Bionic are the best of freinds. :happy:

4. DevilDogMP

DevilDogMP Silver Member

Ratings:
    +13
    I am! Great phone!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

5. ric5141

ric5141 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I will be keeping it. Seems to do most everything I need. Very stable at this point.

6. Colette

Colette New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    New to the droid forum but I'm not abandoning my Bionic. Just glad I can come here for answers. Unfortunately :) some of the answers are technical and way over my head. I guess that's how I'll learn.

7. cr6

cr6 DF Super Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,034
    That's the beautiful thing with Android phones as opposed to Apple. Within 6 to 8 months of a new phone coming out, you can pick it up for free on contact. Unlike the iPhone where they never offer them free. Isnt the 2 year old Iphone3 still like 50 bucks? lol The Nexus has been offered free for a couple weeks now.
    :D

tap'n

8. mdotytx

mdotytx Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I love my Bionic and don't plan on turning my back on it :). I also will never "upgrade" or renew my contract with Verizon due to their share everything trap. I plan on sticking with my Bionic until it dies.

9. mamawm

mamawm Member

Ratings:
    +3
    got mine on release day and have been a happy granny ever since. it's kinda like getting married to the "right one", when you get the one that's right for you, you don't want to look around at anything else.

10. lewwill

lewwill Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same here mamawm. Mine has been excellent from release date, stock and no mods. Waiting for ICS. Looks like the MOGO owers forum is down this AM. :angry:
    Lew

11. quadtronix

quadtronix Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I will be sticking with my Droid Bionic till my contract is up in 2013. I have been tempted by other phones, not gonna lie. But the Bionic has always served me well and with dual core + LTE + GB and ICS on the way... what more does a smartphone addict need? I am unrooted and kept the phone very stock. Even have the wallpaper as the one it came with... the red circuitry. But I can honestly say I am addicted to the Bionic. Am reading the Bionic for Dummies ebook for fun sometimes when Im in the mood for some laughs. Lol. Got the lapdock and extended battery though I switch sometimes to the standard battery... and I got the case with kickstand and holster from Verizon. My first android phone was an LG optimus v from virgin mobile so this was a huge upgrade for me! Love the 4.3 inch screen too! And this forum is awesome! Great ppl... great conversations and help/advice when needed! Yeah the Bionic and I have a good year plus to go before I even start to think about a different phone :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

12. thetingster

thetingster Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have no interest in another phone right now. So my Bionic is it for a while.

13. BroidDrionic

BroidDrionic Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Yep unless something catastrophic occurs I will be keeping my bionic at least until may 2013.
    ICS plus the lapdock makes it AWESOME

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

14. Underwater Mike

Underwater Mike Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Bought two Bionics on contract, and I'm stuck with both for another year. That said, as soon as the contract is up, I'll get a new phone with an UNLOCKED bootloader. If that means leaving VZW, so be it.

15. Bionic_Racer

Bionic_Racer Member

Ratings:
    +1
    You guys give me hope! I was seriously losing faith in humanity.