The bionic community is dwindling...

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by Bionic_Racer, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Colette

Colette New Member

New to the droid forum but I'm not abandoning my Bionic. Just glad I can come here for answers. Unfortunately :) some of the answers are technical and way over my head. I guess that's how I'll learn.
  2. cr6

cr6 DF Super Moderator Staff Member

That's the beautiful thing with Android phones as opposed to Apple. Within 6 to 8 months of a new phone coming out, you can pick it up for free on contact. Unlike the iPhone where they never offer them free. Isnt the 2 year old Iphone3 still like 50 bucks? lol The Nexus has been offered free for a couple weeks now.
    :D

tap'n
  3. mdotytx

mdotytx New Member

I love my Bionic and don't plan on turning my back on it :). I also will never "upgrade" or renew my contract with Verizon due to their share everything trap. I plan on sticking with my Bionic until it dies.
  4. mamawm

mamawm Member

got mine on release day and have been a happy granny ever since. it's kinda like getting married to the "right one", when you get the one that's right for you, you don't want to look around at anything else.
  5. lewwill

lewwill Member

Same here mamawm. Mine has been excellent from release date, stock and no mods. Waiting for ICS. Looks like the MOGO owers forum is down this AM. :angry:
    Lew
  6. quadtronix

quadtronix New Member

I will be sticking with my Droid Bionic till my contract is up in 2013. I have been tempted by other phones, not gonna lie. But the Bionic has always served me well and with dual core + LTE + GB and ICS on the way... what more does a smartphone addict need? I am unrooted and kept the phone very stock. Even have the wallpaper as the one it came with... the red circuitry. But I can honestly say I am addicted to the Bionic. Am reading the Bionic for Dummies ebook for fun sometimes when Im in the mood for some laughs. Lol. Got the lapdock and extended battery though I switch sometimes to the standard battery... and I got the case with kickstand and holster from Verizon. My first android phone was an LG optimus v from virgin mobile so this was a huge upgrade for me! Love the 4.3 inch screen too! And this forum is awesome! Great ppl... great conversations and help/advice when needed! Yeah the Bionic and I have a good year plus to go before I even start to think about a different phone :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums
  7. thetingster

thetingster New Member

I have no interest in another phone right now. So my Bionic is it for a while.
  8. BroidDrionic

BroidDrionic New Member

Yep unless something catastrophic occurs I will be keeping my bionic at least until may 2013.
    ICS plus the lapdock makes it AWESOME

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums
  9. Underwater Mike

Underwater Mike New Member

Bought two Bionics on contract, and I'm stuck with both for another year. That said, as soon as the contract is up, I'll get a new phone with an UNLOCKED bootloader. If that means leaving VZW, so be it.
  10. Bionic_Racer

Bionic_Racer New Member

You guys give me hope! I was seriously losing faith in humanity.
  11. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

I'm happy with my Bionic and have no plans to get rid of it. Of course when my contract is up I'll be looking for another phone, but I always do that.
  12. bluezdawg

bluezdawg New Member

My contract is up in a couple of months. I was an early OG owner, frequent soak tester and have been pretty loyal to Motorola & Verizon. But personally, I think it's time to move on. All options are on the table. Right now, Galaxy S3 or the One X are looking like viable options. While it's been fun, and I like hacking occasionally, I don't think the average consumer should have to do that because a vendor(s) chose to abandon them. With that said, this has been the most awesome user community that I have participated in! Sure I'll always drop in to see what folks are up to.

Sent from my butt-kick'n DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk2
  13. dlcramer

dlcramer New Member

Loved my OG. I love my bionic. Haven't installed any leaks. If it doesn't get an official ICS update I will be upset but not at the phone. Unless Motorola comes up with something spectacular (not impressed with the RAZR line and non removable batteries) I will be looking for a new brand in a year tho.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  14. Tums

Tums New Member

I just got this phone in late February and it's my first smartphone. I had my last phone for nearly 4 years so the only thing that might get me to buy a new phone is when my upgrade comes on October of 2013 and there is something that I really want or when my contract runs out in early 2014. Chances are I will have this phone until my contract runs out, unless I win some contest for a newer phone or something. So far so good with everything on this phone haven't had any issues what so ever. Hopefully we see ICS OTA soon and we make the list on Motorola's UNLOCKED bootloader device page once they add more names to it.

Besides that I am very happy with my Bionic.
  15. dlcramer

dlcramer New Member

I doubt Verizon will let any of their models make the boot loader device page.:banghead:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  16. reebz

reebz Member

I got mine on launch day and am still quite pleased with it. running ICS .2233, ss'd with JB alpha on safe side. It does all I ask it to do. I've never had any problems with it.
  17. les017

les017 New Member

I'm just stock rooted since launch week and I am very happy with the Bionic. Sure there are a few minor issues but they mostly seem to get cleaned up with ICS. I can't see myself spending the money or bother to do anything for at least the next year.
  18. DrJay

DrJay New Member

LMFAO. :D

Sent from my ICS DROID BIONIC using my fingers
  19. ruinah

ruinah New Member

once I went to .232 I honestly think all of my problems have been solved. Everything is fluid, fast. The lapdock is what i have always wanted it to be. If moto pushes an OTA soon, I think I might even stay on .232. It's that good and my phone is as fast as any others I have seen. I was fed up with this release schedule but decided to try to take the plunge first and see where it got me before deciding if I needed to switch to another phone. At this point, there is no need.
  20. guitarskoota

guitarskoota New Member

I love my Bionic. I will have it for quite a while I'm sure. Between the extended battery, ICS coming, and just being fast as heck, I don't see what more a newer phone could offer me besides JB which I could care less about, and it seems like for every good thing you gain on a newer phone, you get more bad things and bugs to put up with. I figure by the end of 2013 they will have phones out that blow the bionic away and then maybe it will be worth upgrading.

But my biggest thing is that I am on unlimited data, and I cannot renew my contract with Verizon and keep my unlimited data without switching to family shared plan, so my next phone will have to be purchased/won outright. Due to lack of cash, Bionic it will be for a while, but I don't mind.