The Arkon brand universal vehicle mounts fit the Incredible (pics of mine)

jasonb

Reaction score
just an FYI, the Arkon universal mounts fit the Incredible PERFECTLY. the side don't block the USB charging port and they also don't touch the volume buttons. perfect fit.

i just got my "SM425-S - Universal Mega Grip Smartphone Mount for Seat Bolt or Floor Mounting". installation was a breeze and it works very nicely.

here are some pics:

2010-05-05%2014.08.26.jpg

2010-05-05%2014.09.28.jpg

2010-05-05%2014.10.18.jpg

2010-05-05%2014.10.04.jpg

2010-05-05%2014.11.46.jpg

2010-05-05%2014.14.35.jpg

2010-05-05%2014.08.46.jpg

2010-05-05%2014.08.36.jpg

if you don't like the seat mounting bolt style, Arkon also offers a standard windshield mount, cup holder mount, and vent mount. all of which use the same phone cradle.

these pics were taken with my Moto Droid by the way.

JayCizzo

Reaction score
Looks nice. Thanks for the heads up with the product.

I need to go OT now. Are those Recaros I see? What kind of car do you drive?

OP
jasonb

jasonb

Reaction score
Looks nice. Thanks for the heads up with the product.

I need to go OT now. Are those Recaros I see? What kind of car do you drive?

they are stock seats. the car is a 2007 Scion TC.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Can the mount be flipped sideways for a better GPS view? And how much did this set up cost you?

OP
jasonb

jasonb

Reaction score
Can the mount be flipped sideways for a better GPS view? And how much did this set up cost you?

yea, you can rotate it. i don't see GPS working better in landscape though. honestly i much prefer portrait for everything on the phone except web browsing and reading RSS feeds.

it cost me $26.95 including shipping. it shipped from Cali on monday and it made it to me today, i am in NY.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Hmm I wonder if the older version of this mount would work. It looks pretty similar, and its only like 16 bucks on amazon

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Purchased the friction mount. Will let you all know if it sucks or not when it arrives!

OP
jasonb

jasonb

Reaction score
Purchased the friction mount. Will let you all know if it sucks or not when it arrives!

i have never used a friction mount. it wouldn't work in my car, my dash is nowhere near flat enough. the actual phone cradle i know you should be happy with. it fits the Incredible very nicely.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Hopefully! It's the older phone cradle but the only difference I can see is that the clips onthe sides have like holes in them instead of being full? If that makes sense?

Amazon.com: Arkon Sm312 Universal Friction Dash Mount: Cell Phones & Service
This thing. It looks good enough to me... And it's only like 17 bucks.

Yeah.. hopefully it works on my civic's dash. I'm not anticipating problems, though. Friction mounts are supposed to work on inclined dash anyways, and I can always just put adhesive on it :D

OP
jasonb

jasonb

Reaction score
Hopefully! It's the older phone cradle but the only difference I can see is that the clips onthe sides have like holes in them instead of being full? If that makes sense?

Yeah.. hopefully it works on my civic's dash. I'm not anticipating problems, though. Friction mounts are supposed to work on inclined dash anyways, and I can always just put adhesive on it :D

the side clamps definitely look like they will be pushing on the volume up and down buttons, or at least on the down button. i guess you could cut a small section of the foam out for the button so it doesn't push on the button.

RyanPm40

Reaction score

the side clamps definitely look like they will be pushing on the volume up and down buttons, or at least on the down button. i guess you could cut a small section of the foam out for the button so it doesn't push on the button.

The side clamps on yours don't push on them? They seem to be situated at the same location, what the difference? But that's a good point, if the foams easy enough to cut through, it shouldn't be a big deal. Or I could just refund it if it doesn't work out. I read that it works great with iphones and the incredible has a pretty similar format

EDIT

Oh, I looked closer at your pictures and can see theyre right under the volume buttons. Hopefully it'll be fine! And if the friction mount doesnt work for me... it comes with a suction up so I can just use it on the windshield :D (Even though my gps falling off my windshield is what caused me to total my last car... but it was a terrible suction cup)

OP
jasonb

jasonb

Reaction score
i'm sure cutting out a chunk of foam will still allow it to clamp just fine. mine just barely, maybe by a couple mm's misses the volume down button. i got lucky.

fibermick

Reaction score
problem with the Akron Mount

I have the Akron "universal mount" pictured. I used it yesterday and the problem is not in the clamps pressing on the volume button--the problem is that the clamps come down so far that you can't have a car charger plugged in. The phone sits off balance and fell out. Just put it in the cup holder for the rest of the trip.

OP
jasonb

jasonb

Reaction score
I have the Akron "universal mount" pictured. I used it yesterday and the problem is not in the clamps pressing on the volume button--the problem is that the clamps come down so far that you can't have a car charger plugged in. The phone sits off balance and fell out. Just put it in the cup holder for the rest of the trip.

the one in my pictures or the older style mount that the other guy bought?

RyanPm40

Reaction score
If it's the one I bought... then ****. If it's the one that you bought, then that's weird..