Window mounted Vehical mount

robdroid

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have Bought a suction cup mount for my Incredible and I see the two head mounts I have had experience with!

http://store.droidforums.net/arkon-cm920-gooseneck-mount-and-universal-holder/3A78A573.htm[/COLOR]]Arkon CM920 Gooseneck Mount & Universal Holder - Droid Car Mounts - Droid Forums Store
CM920 Gooseneck Mount & Universal Holder for Verizon HTC Droid Incredible
If you are looking for a simple solution to secure the Verizon HTC Droid Incredible in your car, this vehicle mount is the perfect match. $19.95
Is a good mount ONLY if you do not plug your Incredible into the cars cig lighter as the left jaw is too low and interfers with the power plug on our phone

Arkon CM910 Vehicle Mount Kit & Universal Holder - Droid Car Mounts - Droid Forums Store
Arkon CM910 Vehicle Mount Kit & Universal Holder for Verizon HTC Droid Incredible This flexible vehicle mount kit offers three mounting solutions so you can easily secure your Droid in your car.
$29.95
This head is better for the Incredible as it will not interfere with the power plug! As a side note i did trim the left jaws foam as I found that sometimes it interferes with the lower volume button!

JasonB has excellent pictures, with the Incredible sitting in the CM910 mount head on a different floor mount(thanks JasonB) hit this link >> : http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-vehicle-mounts-fit-incredible-pics-mine.html

Last edited:

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Oh crud. Looks like I'm going to need to return that to amazon when I receive it.

ksfrogman

Reaction score
OEM Holster Mount Combo

I just purchased the HTC Holster Mount Combo from Verizon yesterday for $29.99. It has the Verizon logo printed on the box. The UPC number is VZW6300MNT. The box reads, "For these and other accessories, call 1-866-VZ GOT IT (1-866-894-6848)."

It seems to be of very good quality, and fits well in my later model 3-series BMW. It comes with a holster and belt clip, but I would never wear it, since it has the phone glass facing outward.

It positions the phone so the power cable inserts from the bottom right (passenger side).

OP
robdroid

robdroid

Reaction score
I just purchased the HTC Holster Mount Combo from Verizon yesterday for $29.99. It has the Verizon logo printed on the box. The UPC number is VZW6300MNT. The box reads, "For these and other accessories, call 1-866-VZ GOT IT (1-866-894-6848)."

It seems to be of very good quality, and fits well in my later model 3-series BMW. It comes with a holster and belt clip, but I would never wear it, since it has the phone glass facing outward.

It positions the phone so the power cable inserts from the bottom right (passenger side).

I agree it appears to be a good and sturdy mount however the Akron is less expensive and I can have a cover on my Incredible with out an issue! I prefer my Incredible not be nakey out in public :)

mtxpert

Reaction score
Make sure you have some type of cooling available for your phone. I ran my this last weekend with a modified droid mount (I had already bought it, just needed to modify the plastic to allow the Incredible to fit). If the phone was on my dash in direct sun light it got very hot and shut down. I had to move it to my center console. I had navigation and Pandora running for 4+ hours before the shut down. The incredible mount looks like it would allow me to adjust it down in front of one of my AC vents which should help considerably, the droid mount was not large enough to do that.

JayCizzo

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the braketron cup holder mounts?

41SVio4hOuL._SS500_.jpg

Amazon.com: Bracketron UCH-101-BL Universal Cup-iT Cup Holder Mount: Electronics

Looks like it might block access to the volume buttons.

caldwjd

Reaction score

So, does it turn to landscape and portrait view? Also, does the phone recognize Navigation mode and automatically switch to it? I always prefer to use the original manufaturer if possible, but it is twic as expensive as the Akron.
Also, I'm wondering about car charging the phone while in the dock. Does the cord reach all the way up to a glass mounted setup?
Thanks

simplycax

Reaction score
Anybody know when this mount is going to be available? This will probably be the best mount for the incredible, just like the moto droid had one specifically for it.
HTC-DOCK.jpg

brianr0131

Reaction score
Anybody know when this mount is going to be available? This will probably be the best mount for the incredible, just like the moto droid had one specifically for it.
HTC-DOCK.jpg

This mount cannot be used with any case or anything like that. So when you say best that's subjective at best.

Dragoro

Reaction score
How come people worry bout the volume buttons, when you use the car radio buttons to control the volume, or am I missing something?

mikec5867

Reaction score
Verizon mount not so great

I purchased the Verizon mount for my wife's Incredible and we didn't like it. The suction mount wouldn't stick to the window of her Honda Fit. She didn't like having to take the phone out of it's protective case to use the car mount. She had absolutely no use for the belt clip-type holder, as she carries her Incredible in her purse.

So, if you are looking to keep your Incredible in a protective skin, the Verizon mount is not for you. I have been underwhelmed by the quality of the OEM accessories available for the HTC Incredible. My MotoDroid accessories are better designed and of better quality.

caldwjd

Reaction score
my opinion

I got the Verizon mount and went on a trip this past weekend. I think it works moderately well, maybe a 7 out of 10 stars. The suction cup worked very well, but the arm extension is fixed and the way the mount locks into the arm is awkward and seems less than steady. I've got a protective case that is extremely easy to take on and off the phone, so I don't mind that the mounting case won't accept protective phone cases. But this is asinine on the part of the product developers, IMO. Also, when turning the phone from landscape to portrait, the weight of the car charger pulls the phone down a little...I just don't like that; puts stress on the pin dock. It's better to leave the orientation to landscape for the good of the phone. I do think the beefiness of the entire unit is good, it won't fall down when hitting a bump in the road. It's also competitively priced with other units I've looked at. $29 at the VZW store.

Last edited: