The Arkon brand universal vehicle mounts fit the Incredible (pics of mine)

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
i gotta say, that's the ugliest car mount i ever saw :)

rosariorose9

Reaction score
^^^

LOL!! I actually LIKE the way it looks, but to each his own...

In any event, bought the cup holder mount, which should work better in my car than the floor mount of the op. Will post photos after it arrives.

snappingfish

Reaction score
just an FYI, the Arkon universal mounts fit the Incredible PERFECTLY. the side don't block the USB charging port and they also don't touch the volume buttons. perfect fit.

i just got my "SM425-S - Universal Mega Grip Smartphone Mount for Seat Bolt or Floor Mounting". installation was a breeze and it works very nicely.

these pics were taken with my Moto Droid by the way.

Just wondering....
What is the name of the power cord you're using? I like the way the connector cord comes out at a 90 from the plug....

thx
fish

OP
jasonb

jasonb

Reaction score
jasonB,

I'm on the Arkon site, but want to make absolutely sure I get the correct mount. Can you give me the model number so I don't screw it up?

Thanks a million!

this is how it is listed on my receipt: SM425-S - Universal Mega Grip Smartphone Mount for Seat Bolt or Floor Mounting

just an FYI, the Arkon universal mounts fit the Incredible PERFECTLY. the side don't block the USB charging port and they also don't touch the volume buttons. perfect fit.

i just got my "SM425-S - Universal Mega Grip Smartphone Mount for Seat Bolt or Floor Mounting". installation was a breeze and it works very nicely.

these pics were taken with my Moto Droid by the way.

Just wondering....
What is the name of the power cord you're using? I like the way the connector cord comes out at a 90 from the plug....

thx
fish

mine doesn't come out at a 90 from the plug on the phone. it's one of those universal Igo charges with the replaceable tips.

OP
jasonb

jasonb

Reaction score
i gotta say, that's the ugliest car mount i ever saw :)

mine or the other guys?

not sure, i'm not a fan of the one that anchors into the floor, and has the large spiral tube protruding up 3 feet. haha

well i had the windshield mount for my droid, the OEM one from verizon, and loved it other than the fact that the phone would get ridiculously hot anytime it was sunny. at least this one keeps it out of direct sunlight. i was thinking more of safety of the phone than style. i didn't want to subject it to extreme heat like i did with my droid.

i don't think it looks all that bad though and it does work very well.

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Curious, jason...have you tried the GPS function of your phone while it's mounted; and, if so, how did it work? The Arkon site does not recommend this mount for that purpose, suggesting that you use the windshield mount instead. Weird, since they sell a GPS mount for the Nuvis, etc. that uses the exact same placement as does yours. :icon_eek:

OP
jasonb

jasonb

Reaction score
Curious, jason...have you tried the GPS function of your phone while it's mounted; and, if so, how did it work? The Arkon site does not recommend this mount for that purpose, suggesting that you use the windshield mount instead. Weird, since they sell a GPS mount for the Nuvis, etc. that uses the exact same placement as does yours. :icon_eek:

I have not used it for nav yet. It will work fine though.

rosariorose9

Reaction score
how often do we really need to look at it when it's speaking directions to us?

Perhaps I misunderstood, but I didn't think that that was the issue they were addressing. I thought that the issue was one of signal reception; i.e., when positioned with a window mount, the unit will receive a better signal than when it's placed down lower. But you may be right...:icon_ rocker:

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I drove 8 hours with my phone in a console slot trying to keep it out of the sun. Nav worked fine there. It was not very secure, so I am going to try one of these Akron mounts to see if it helps with heat

OP
jasonb

jasonb

Reaction score
how often do we really need to look at it when it's speaking directions to us?

Perhaps I misunderstood, but I didn't think that that was the issue they were addressing. I thought that the issue was one of signal reception; i.e., when positioned with a window mount, the unit will receive a better signal than when it's placed down lower. But you may be right...:icon_ rocker:
gotcha. how much can 2 feet really hurt the reception? i listen to a lot of internet radio in my car and have no issues so far with signal strength when doing so.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
To those of you not worried about sun affecting your phone, the friction mount from Arkon works great. It doesn't move around at all, even on the highway! I haven't had an overheating issue yet, but if I do, I'm going to give it to my mother for her GPS and order the one Jason has.