Thank you all! This place rocks!

danimal3805

Reaction score
Hello! Just wanted to post a big thank you to this whole community for helping me understand my droid! I was one of those guys that was afraid to root, (super noob) but I read the sticky and used the eris one click root. Worked flawlessly for me! Ran with eclair for a few days just getting my feet wet, installed swype and a bloatware delete.zip and my phone was fantastic! Then I decided to take the plunge and flash CELB froyo! All I can say is wow! It's sooooo easy and froyo rocks! I can't believe I waited so long to do this! I've had this eris for a year now, was jealous of my boss and his iphone 4 but now he's jealous of my antique droid! Hahahahahahah
Only question I do have is; I bought setcpu from the market but it refuses to download for some reason. Keeps saying download unsuccessful. Any ideas? Sorry for the rant, I'm just so stoked about this!
Sent from my FroyoERIS using DroidForums App

Threeball

Reaction score
Here's a link from xda:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=505419
You can download and install. But remember to donate if u like it.

I'd actually recommend not bothering. CELB comes overclocked and uses the smartass governor. So using setcpu will give u little if any performance improvement. If u start to experience some lag, try using autokiller.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Here's a link from xda:
SetCPU for Root Users [2.0.4] It's over nine thousand 11/03/2010 - xda-developers
You can download and install. But remember to donate if u like it.

I'd actually recommend not bothering. CELB comes overclocked and uses the smartass governor. So using setcpu will give u little if any performance improvement. If u start to experience some lag, try using autokiller.

You will need to join XDA to access the download.
:welcome: to the board!

OP
D

danimal3805

Reaction score
Cool, thanks I didn't know it was overclocked already, no lag, just wanted to maybe speed it up a little! My buddy is interested in rooting his original moto droid but it's already running froyo (2.2) what if any would the benefit be if we were to root it?

Sent from my CELBFroyoERIS

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome - and thanks for the Thanks :)

Threeball

Reaction score
Cool, thanks I didn't know it was overclocked already, no lag, just wanted to maybe speed it up a little! My buddy is interested in rooting his original moto droid but it's already running froyo (2.2) what if any would the benefit be if we were to root it?

Sent from my CELBFroyoERIS

Overclocking further will give you minimal improvement. But that's not to say you shouldn't try. You can get Linpack and Quadrant from the market. They both provide indications of the performance of your phone. (BTW: Linpack is a poor but interesting indicator).

As far as your friend's Moto Droid, rooting will give him the exact same benefit that it gave you, or anyone else. Great performance improvement, both speed and battery life, and the ability to use themes. I personally have little knowledge about the Moto Droid. I looked it up once for a friend. Rooting appeared to be more complex than on the Eris but still easy.