Still on Squidly

lizard

Reaction score
Anyone else still rocking this rom? This is the only rom I've ever ran, and the only phone I have rooted. Unlike most of the others on this forum, I don't have the time to be looking for the latest and greatest rom every week, so I picked one and went with it. I'm not so excited about Gingerbread which looks like bait to get people to download an attempt to curtail rooting of their phones. I hear from many people how Gingerbread is faster, video is better. I'm not having trouble with video now, so why does it need to be faster, so when I'm in a hurry I can watch it in fast foreward? I just feel like ranting about the rom of the month club mentality around here. Everybody talks up a rom and two days later they are running something else. Stop spending so much time working on your phone and enjoy it, like me. I let my rom burn in good and focused on the apps to do what I need, and enjoy. I am still running a Froyo Based Squidlymandingo 2.3.20.2 with a few select apps and I have no issues at all! No offence intended, just sayin.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Anyone else still rocking this rom? This is the only rom I've ever ran, and the only phone I have rooted. Unlike most of the others on this forum, I don't have the time to be looking for the latest and greatest rom every week, so I picked one and went with it. I'm not so excited about Gingerbread which looks like bait to get people to download an attempt to curtail rooting of their phones. I hear from many people how Gingerbread is faster, video is better. I'm not having trouble with video now, so why does it need to be faster, so when I'm in a hurry I can watch it in fast foreward? I just feel like ranting about the rom of the month club mentality around here. Everybody talks up a rom and two days later they are running something else. Stop spending so much time working on your phone and enjoy it, like me. I let my rom burn in good and focused on the apps to do what I need, and enjoy. I am still running a Froyo Based Squidlymandingo 2.3.20.2 with a few select apps and I have no issues at all! No offence intended, just sayin.

Well, you may not have time for it, but a lot of us do. I've been on CM7 for a little while now. Either way, GB is supposed to upgrade your kernal and radio.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Khiraji

Reaction score
I was like you for many moons, until my D2 had a seizure about a week ago. My latest Nandroid backup was about a month old, and my phone had been kinda pissing me off for a while anyway. That night I went home, read up on all things ROM, GB, ROM-flashing and the like, and took the plunge.

Now I'm running the rooted GB leak, and it's wonderful. My phone feels new again - everything is significantly faster and more responsive, my battery lasts longer, and the interface is prettier on top of it all. While I may not have the time/patience for weekly ROM-flashing, I think it's important to change your phone up a little every now and again to keep things interesting. Even if it's some new widgets, a new wallpaper or even something like a new ROM.