Squidly Rom steps

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'll go along with that. Daaaang that sucks!

+1 but, rebooting after backup is finished isn't necessary.

Ok so place it on the root. Then bootstrap recovery and then reboot recovery. Once in cm use the volume rockers as scroll buttons the power button as the back button and the camera button as the enter button. Scroll down to backup /restore and choose to make a backup. After the backup finishes reboot the phone. Then reboot recovery again and scroll down to mounts and storage and mount system and data (when they're mounted it will say unmount data or unmount system and data may already be mounted) then go down to installed zip from SD card and then choose zip from SD card and find squids rom and install it.

tappin and a talkin

DroidForums Junkie!!

I suggest rebooting after making a backup to solidify that it is an important seperate opperation. I layed the steps out once for someone and they ended up doing the backup after flashing the rom because they weren't paying attention to the order and that left them with no stock backup.

tappin and a talkin

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP
B

Bigwidge

Reaction score
No on the phone, My friend doesnt have his USB cord

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ya when I download roms from 3g they tend to fail the first few times until I find a place I can sit it where the signal will be uninterrupted and I leave it alone.

tappin and a talkin

OP
B

Bigwidge

Reaction score
Okay thanks, We are just going to download it by computer, hes going to get his USB cord now. I'll keep you guys posted on the progress once we start the download.

OP
B

Bigwidge

Reaction score
Ok so place it on the root. Then bootstrap recovery and then reboot recovery. Once in cm use the volume rockers as scroll buttons the power button as the back button and the camera button as the enter button. Scroll down to backup /restore and choose to make a backup. After the backup finishes reboot the phone. Then reboot recovery again and scroll down to mounts and storage and mount system and data (when they're mounted it will say unmount data or unmount system and data may already be mounted) then go down to installed zip from SD card and then choose zip from SD card and find squids rom and install it.

tappin and a talkin

Just did these steps, past that point what is next?
Do we hit:
-apply sd card update zip?
- choose zip from sd card
- toggle signature verification?
- or toggle script asserts?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Choose zip from SD card. It will bring you to a screen that shows all of the folders on the SD. Hit the volume up button, this will bring you back to the bottom of the list where the zip for squidly will reside, or close thereabouts.

tappin and a talkin

OP
B

Bigwidge

Reaction score
Rebooted and good to go! what do you reccomend I do next to get the full experience? It still looks like the old phone..?

OP
B

Bigwidge

Reaction score
Really? I thaught so too actually, but the phone looks exactly the same......???:icon_eek:

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Go in to menu and then the bottom option (about phone or whatever) and let me know what the build number is. At least I think its build number. You should see squidly in there somewhere.

tappin and a talkin

OP
B

Bigwidge

Reaction score
Looks like it didnt go right, Where should I start over at?