Help me out? Im new to this. (Currently checking out the squidly rom)

Rage423

Reaction score
Ok, so i feel like a complete idiot because I'm having trouble understanding some of this stuff, I have rooted my droid, and I'm checking out ROMs figuring out which one i wanna try and a lot of the stuff i don't understand.

Like:
What is the bootstrap program? Is it free? and where can i find it?
What does full blur mean as opposed to not having a blur?
What is a Blur?
Do certain themes only work with certain ROMs?
I'm not sure i even know how to install a rom correctly.

Like i said I'm new and i don't know much about this kind of thing yet, any help you guys could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Droid4Life86

Reaction score
Ok, so i feel like a complete idiot because I'm having trouble understanding some of this stuff, I have rooted my droid, and I'm checking out ROMs figuring out which one i wanna try and a lot of the stuff i don't understand.

Like:
What is a Blur?

Like i said I'm new and i don't know much about this kind of thing yet, any help you guys could offer would be greatly appreciated.

1.Bootstrap is $2.00 from the market(need it and very worth it)
2. Full blur is just like a stock phone with all the programs on. No blur is great because it takes away the apps like skype, blockbuster, and several more that you don't need.
3. Blur is just CRAP that verizon and mororola put on the phone.
4. Yes and Yes be careful and make sure theme is able to go with rom
5. Go to the D2 rom section and there is a ton of how to guides that will explain the process better than i can

Just read this forum and you will get the hang of it very fast. I owe everything that i know about my D2 to the members on this forum. Of all the roms that i have tried out Squidly has the fastest and most stable rom. I have his 2.30.20.1 no blur rom

pkbest

Reaction score

Like:
What is a Blur?

1.Bootstrap is $2.00 from the market(need it and very worth it)
2. Full blur is just like a stock phone with all the programs on. No blur is great because it takes away the apps like skype, blockbuster, and several more that you don't need.
3. Blur is just CRAP that verizon and mororola put on the phone.
4. Yes and Yes be careful and make sure theme is able to go with rom
5. Go to the D2 rom section and there is a ton of how to guides that will explain the process better than i can

Just read this forum and you will get the hang of it very fast. I owe everything that i know about my D2 to the members on this forum. Of all the roms that i have tried out Squidly has the fastest and most stable rom. I have his 2.30.20.1 no blur rom

Bootstrap is free , $2.00 USD on MARKET if you want to donate.

Also, use that bootstrap program to do a backup..also called nandroid backup. VERY Important you do this. Also, are you rooted yet?

OP
R

Rage423

Reaction score
I have made some progress since posting this, I am rooted, and i do have bootstrap and have made a nandroid backup, now my problem is rsd lite, im very confused do i put rsd lite on my phone or on a my laptop and just have it ready incase its needed? and it says something about flashing, some one said flashing clock work makes installing roms much easier, and something about an sbf i have no idea what ANY of this means, i have read a thread that pc747 gave me over 3 timesand im still not understanding the rsd lite thing if you guys could maybe help me out on that i would be VERY apreciative.

Edit:
This is the thread given to me by pc747

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-hacks/91760-droid-2-hacking-rom-install-class.html

pkbest

Reaction score
It goes on your laptop..no app. Glad you got most of out figured out. hopefully if you do not mess up you will not have to do that ever

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
R

Rage423

Reaction score
ok how do i install it? im confused on that the download is just a zip file and nothing says rsd lite?