Th3ory vs Liberty Smackdown

DroidTh3ory

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.th3oryrom.com
Lol, its hard ti have a smackdown with two completely different type of ROM's. It comes down to what you want. If you like you some Blur, Mine has Blur, if you like you some AOSP, Liberty has it. Plus, from what I hear some custom things you can tweak.

It's not a competition or a who's is better. Its... Be glad there are choices. :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
P

pharmnatr

Reaction score
Lol, its hard ti have a smackdown with two completely different type of ROM's. It comes down to what you want. If you like you some Blur, Mine has Blur, if you like you some AOSP, Liberty has it. Plus, from what I hear some custom things you can tweak.

It's not a competition or a who's is better. Its... Be glad there are choices. :)

I appreciate the work all the developers do for us. Without you guys we couldnt endlessly "tinker under the hood".
Since I just flashed th3ory 2.0 when Liberty became available I wanted to get some feedback from everyone as to their thoughts on both. Especially if they had run both roms.
Actually I'm enjoying th3ory so much I'm hesitant to change although the urge is getting harder and harder to resist.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well i'll be "that guy" and say: Please everyone, put your money where your mouth/keyboard is and DONATE. Sorry to be a nag.

kamisan

Reaction score
Back in the D1 days (that ended two weeks ago) I started with Jrummy16 roms, kangerade, lithium,, always liked them, then he left (#$%^) :p and I went to miui, then sourcery, then project elite, then after retiring my OG I put liquid on it (wish I had tried it earlier) got my bionic and didn't mind the blur. Soooo Th3ory rom it was, and to smack down, all I can say is my bionic kicks the bat snot out of my wifes thuderbolt! with BAMF! And to BayouFlyFisher +1 Donate to the DEVS. Whatever rom you run!
Me I'm with Th3ory, pretty loyal so probably staying here for a while. I would rather know it and the workarounds and help others than jump, jump jump... If jumping roms is your thing try them both. Speed wise not sure you will see alot of difference, the kernel is still locked and the .893 doesn't seem to have a performance change over the previous. (kernel wise that is) If on of the devs cracks that and gets some overclocking going (right now underclocking is all you can do) then a kernel stability speed smack down might be in order.. Jrummy did some great work in the past, odds are he still is, Th3ory is doing great work now that I enjoy! So no smackdown here.

quizzard

Reaction score
I never needed to root my D1, but I just installed theory ROM last night to get rid of the bloatware.seems pretty good, but would like some opinions on liberty also.

Reaction score

Liberty also has the ability to add blur back in

psychotic_penguin

Reaction score

Amen to that....I've tried both and both are equally epic big ups to DT and Kejar31 for their awesomeness

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
And thank goodness for those choices! We appreciate all of your guys hard work to bring us some new flavor to our phones!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

plus one to that brother

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

wooddale

Reaction score
Back in the D1 days (that ended two weeks ago) I started with Jrummy16 roms, kangerade, lithium,, always liked them, then he left (#$%^) :p and I went to miui, then sourcery, then project elite, then after retiring my OG I put liquid on it (wish I had tried it earlier) got my bionic and didn't mind the blur. Soooo Th3ory rom it was, and to smack down, all I can say is my bionic kicks the bat snot out of my wifes thuderbolt! with BAMF! And to BayouFlyFisher +1 Donate to the DEVS. Whatever rom you run!
Me I'm with Th3ory, pretty loyal so probably staying here for a while. I would rather know it and the workarounds and help others than jump, jump jump... If jumping roms is your thing try them both. Speed wise not sure you will see alot of difference, the kernel is still locked and the .893 doesn't seem to have a performance change over the previous. (kernel wise that is) If on of the devs cracks that and gets some overclocking going (right now underclocking is all you can do) then a kernel stability speed smack down might be in order.. Jrummy did some great work in the past, odds are he still is, Th3ory is doing great work now that I enjoy! So no smackdown here.
I also have a TB on BAMF FOREVER I dont no about knocking the snot out of BAMF my Tb runs slicker than snot i havent been on 2.0 yet but it sure would give Liberty s run for its money. ADRL does a hell of a job

kamisan

Reaction score
I also have a TB on BAMF FOREVER I dont no about knocking the snot out of BAMF my Tb runs slicker than snot i havent been on 2.0 yet but it sure would give Liberty s run for its money. ADRL does a hell of a job

:p The thunderbolt with BAMF is a slick mean mofo- agreed, just saying my bionic with th3ory is well like the bionic man, (if your old eneough to remember, we will build him faster, stronger, better,,) LOL

And yes the BAMF on the thunderbolt makes it FINALLY a decent phone. No crashes etc.. Still my bionic is better.. just because darnit! . ;-P****

wooddale

Reaction score
:p The thunderbolt with BAMF is a slick mean mofo- agreed, just saying my bionic with th3ory is well like the bionic man, (if your old eneough to remember, we will build him faster, stronger, better,,) LOL

And yes the BAMF on the thunderbolt makes it FINALLY a decent phone. No crashes etc.. Still my bionic is better.. just because darnit! . ;-P****

I could be older than him lol.

Husker_fan_

Reaction score
I'm pretty new to all of this stuff. The Bionic was my first smartphone, but since then I've jumped in with both feet. I've tried out both of the roms, and I think it comes down to personal preference. I like the Theory rom look and feel better for me. Any way I see it, they're both far better than what the phone came with so either choice you make is a win win. Hats off to both devs and thanks for giving us multiple choices!

ultrastigi

Reaction score

When I had my TB I had ran th3ory's roms. It had great battery life and actually made the phone function. Just my 2 cents :)

As for this "smackdown". They are different roms imo. I tried them both. I switch between the 2 often. If you want no blur it's liberty. If you want some or all blur it's th3ory. They are both great. Smooth and great on battery. It's all up to you. That's why we make backups right?