1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Text messaging

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by Mills22, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Mills22

Mills22 New Member

Is there a way to have two phone numbers associated with one contact, but when texting both numbers, they show up as one thread?
  2. maderschramm

maderschramm New Member

I'm confused about your question. You can have two numbers, and when you select a contact to text for example, if you check both numbers it's one contact name with a (2) next to it which, of course, signifies the numbers checked to text the contact with.
  3. xliderider

xliderider New Member

I believe Handcent will do what you want. When I text two different people the same message, it keeps it on one thread. Should be no different if two numbers but same person.
  4. Mills22

Mills22 New Member

Yeah, two numbers but under the same person is what I was wondering about...
  5. maderschramm

maderschramm New Member

seems to work, if you use the default texting app on the dx if you text the same contact on 2 numbers it makes one thread on my phone
  6. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I see the need . I have 2 mobile phones and no time to tell all my friends/family which one to text at any given time because I'm using one or the other. It's easier for them to text both. On my Omnia I had a text forwarding app so if I was using my other line I just forwarded everything to it. Dumbphones don't have that ability though.

Support Our Troops!! written in some form from a wifi monolith.