Texting notifications... merr

mayerjackson

Reaction score
I am starting to use google voice and posted a thread similar to this but nobody replied so i figured i would post it on this forum and try...

Is there a way to tell if someone texts me on my normal verizon number without using my messages up? I havent been opening them up and they are still being counted as received texts.

All i need is to be able to see who is texting me so that i can text them back on my google voice number

Technoman

Reaction score
I am starting to use google voice and posted a thread similar to this but nobody replied so i figured i would post it on this forum and try...

Is there a way to tell if someone texts me on my normal verizon number without using my messages up? I havent been opening them up and they are still being counted as received texts.

All i need is to be able to see who is texting me so that i can text them back on my google voice number

You don't have to "open" a text message. Once it hits your phone it counts as received.

OP
M

mayerjackson

Reaction score
so are you saying that it is impossible?

And what about when i get rid of my text messaging? How do i keep from being charged?

Technoman

Reaction score
so are you saying that it is impossible?

And what about when i get rid of my text messaging? How do i keep from being charged?

The only way to keep from being charged is to tell people not to text you. Give them your Google number, and ask them to text you there.

OP
M

mayerjackson

Reaction score
right, but what if i just dont want to get any texts at all from my verizon number. I am soon going to be taking texting off of my plan and there has to be a way to not get charged everytime someone texts me.

Technoman

Reaction score
right, but what if i just dont want to get any texts at all from my verizon number. I am soon going to be taking texting off of my plan and there has to be a way to not get charged everytime someone texts me.

You could add the parental control to your account and tell it to block all text messages except some particular number that you know won't text you.

It does cost for parental controls, but it would kill the text function.

EDIT: You can block up to 5 numbers for free using SPAM controls on your account. Just sign on to your account and then find Verizon Safeguards. Choose call and message blocking from there. The only problem this also blocks the same numbers from voice calls.

Eolly

Reaction score
Actually the blocking of texts is free.

Just call them up and request it.

But make sure they understand what you want done.