Customize ringrones to call or text

CJM722

Reaction score
Is there a way to assign a ringtone to one contact but with one ring indicating a phone call and a different ringtone to indicate a text message, but from an individual contact. ie One ring for when my wife calls and a different ring for when it is a text message. Thanks fellow Droiders

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Is there a way to assign a ringtone to one contact but with one ring indicating a phone call and a different ringtone to indicate a text message, but from an individual contact. ie One ring for when my wife calls and a different ring for when it is a text message. Thanks fellow Droiders
I dont know for sure if you can assign individual text ringtones with the stock messaging app, but you can with HandCent SMS. That would also allow you to set a call ringtone separate from the text tone for that contact.

OP
C

CJM722

Reaction score
SWEET THANKS! Any idea how (step by step) I am not the most techno savy

BodyBagz

Reaction score
SWEET THANKS! Any idea how (step by step) I am not the most techno savy

For the phone ringers, set them as you normally would..

Contacts--->Select the contact you want to assign a ringer to--->Hard Menu button on the phone(4 squares)--->Edit--->scroll all the way down the Edit Contact screen until you get to "Additional Info"--->click the ">" button and it will change to "v", scroll down until you see Ringtone--->click the ">" or "bell" to open the ringtone selection box---?select the ringtone you want to use...

For Handcent, its basically the same...but kinda different...:)

Open Handcent SMS--->Choose a contact you want to assign a ringer to--->Look up at the top right and click the Settings icon--->Choose Notifications Settings--->Notification Sound--->Choose Sound to assign to that Text Message Contact

Hope this is easily followable...:)