1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Customize ringrones to call or text

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by CJM722, Dec 15, 2010.

1. CJM722

CJM722 New Member

Is there a way to assign a ringtone to one contact but with one ring indicating a phone call and a different ringtone to indicate a text message, but from an individual contact. ie One ring for when my wife calls and a different ring for when it is a text message. Thanks fellow Droiders
  2. BodyBagz

BodyBagz Active Member

I dont know for sure if you can assign individual text ringtones with the stock messaging app, but you can with HandCent SMS. That would also allow you to set a call ringtone separate from the text tone for that contact.
  3. CJM722

CJM722 New Member

SWEET THANKS! Any idea how (step by step) I am not the most techno savy
  4. BodyBagz

BodyBagz Active Member

For the phone ringers, set them as you normally would..

Contacts--->Select the contact you want to assign a ringer to--->Hard Menu button on the phone(4 squares)--->Edit--->scroll all the way down the Edit Contact screen until you get to "Additional Info"--->click the ">" button and it will change to "v", scroll down until you see Ringtone--->click the ">" or "bell" to open the ringtone selection box---?select the ringtone you want to use...

For Handcent, its basically the same...but kinda different...:)

Open Handcent SMS--->Choose a contact you want to assign a ringer to--->Look up at the top right and click the Settings icon--->Choose Notifications Settings--->Notification Sound--->Choose Sound to assign to that Text Message Contact

Hope this is easily followable...:)
Search tags for this page

apps for assigning ringtones to contacts for text messages f

customize ringtones milestone x

how do i set my ringrone dor my droid

how to assign sound for apps on milestone 3

how to seperated phone call and text ringtones in handcent

how to set contact ringtone on milestone x

is there a app that allows you to assign individual text ton

milestone x ringtone

mortorola milestone x how to set ringtone as contact