Text message charges

Misodus

Reaction score
I'm planning on getting a droid as soon as my current contract runs up, but I'm not sure how I'm going to be charged for texting. I currently pay $10/mo for unlimited texts. If I get the droid, will that be covered under the data plan, or do I still have to pay the $10/mo for text messages as well?

Guchi

Reaction score
short answer. no texting is seperate

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
You can use your data connection to send text messages if you set up and use Google Voice to it's full potential. Unfortunately, this means that for all intents and purposes you'll need to switch your phone number over to a GV one. You can do it without switching your phone number, but the people that you send texts to will see a different number from your cell number.

There's lots of threads that explain in more detail if you're interested. Just search.

vuskee

Reaction score
I'm planning on getting a droid as soon as my current contract runs up, but I'm not sure how I'm going to be charged for texting. I currently pay $10/mo for unlimited texts. If I get the droid, will that be covered under the data plan, or do I still have to pay the $10/mo for text messages as well?

HOW ARE YOU PAYING $10 A MONTH for unlimited?? i pay $20 for 5000 texts! such a rip!

Hypnotic

Reaction score
i'm planning on getting a droid as soon as my current contract runs up, but i'm not sure how i'm going to be charged for texting. I currently pay $10/mo for unlimited texts. If i get the droid, will that be covered under the data plan, or do i still have to pay the $10/mo for text messages as well?

how are you paying $10 a month for unlimited?? I pay $20 for 5000 texts! Such a rip!

lmao this made my day

OP
Misodus

Misodus

Reaction score

HOW ARE YOU PAYING $10 A MONTH for unlimited?? i pay $20 for 5000 texts! such a rip!

Haha. I'm not sure, it was $10 for what I think was 5000, and I just checked my phone bill and apparently it's now unlimited. Maybe someone in my family upgraded the texts.

meekless

Reaction score
not sure which plan you are looking for here, but i dont make a ton of calls and the people i do call have verizon, so i went with the 450 minute plan that includes unlimited sms and mms messages. then add the 30$ data plan and i am good to go!

its called nationwide talk & text plan with 450 minutes...costs 59.99 per month

vuskee

Reaction score
damn. well i got shafted. i have the 1400 minutes for $80 + $20 text + $30 data. i also have both my parents on for $10 each. thats probably why i cant get unlim. voice/text.

Last edited: