Text from 6250

DocsDad

Reaction score
Blocked/Stopped :)

I use Handcent SMS. I decided to blacklist this text notification. It worked. No annoying text notification from 6250 with the email push. I bet some of the other messaging apps have a similar feature.

Fingers crossed... until Verizon fixes it, it looks like I got it handled. Then again, I may never know if they fix it. Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

RonsDroid

Reaction score
Blocked/Stopped :)

I use Handcent SMS. I decided to blacklist this text notification. It worked. No annoying text notification from 6250 with the email push. I bet some of the other messaging apps have a similar feature.

Fingers crossed... until Verizon fixes it, it looks like I got it handled. Then again, I may never know if they fix it. Lol

I also use Handcent SMS but I cant see where you can blacklist anything in that app. How do you do that? When I press and hold a txt message it does show some options but blacklist is not one of them...

Ron
DRM

DocsDad

Reaction score
It is a long press but do it from the main listing of all texts instead of when the text you wish to blacklist is open. Long press the text from 6250 and it will show "blacklist".

Hope this helps.

moracca

Reaction score
I was able to fix this on my gf's razr by removing the gmail account from the account list (menu->settings->accounts from home screen). Don't remove the google account, just gmail, then use the gmail app. Also blacklisted the address in handcent, though, so I can't say for sure this was what fixed it.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, the damn messages continue but at least I'm able to turn off notifications of them by blacklisting 6250 as DocsDad suggested. Going to stop obsessing about it until ics is installed.

DocsDad

Reaction score
Gmail and the app is my daily email and works awesome. Unfortunately, I have AOL Mail get pushed in the stock app. I could remove it and check it the old fashioned way, but I am lazy. Lol.

fic1

Reaction score
I contacted verizon about this text they said it is from third party texting app, Text seems to come everytime i have a new email this come in as text from 6250 and in the text it reads VZWNMN:1 so I was using handcent they told me to delete it so I did and I have not gotten a text from them since, The problem is I can not stand using stock text you are limited to what it can do with handcent you can customize it the way you like it. Does anyone know I to work around this or fix it so I can use a third party text messaging app.

DocsDad

Reaction score
I contacted verizon about this text they said it is from third party texting app, Text seems to come everytime i have a new email this come in as text from 6250 and in the text it reads VZWNMN:1 so I was using handcent they told me to delete it so I did and I have not gotten a text from them since, The problem is I can not stand using stock text you are limited to what it can do with handcent you can customize it the way you like it. Does anyone know I to work around this or fix it so I can use a third party text messaging app.

See link. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-support/203768-text-6250-a.html

B
lacklist 6250 text in Handcent and you're good to go.

fic1

Reaction score
Not sure what you what that is blacklist I texted 6250 in reply and it didd not work. Do I text the word blacklist 6250 in the reply box

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
See link. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-support/203768-text-6250-a.html

B
lacklist 6250 text in Handcent and you're good to go.

Well, it improves the situation but it doesn't remedy it, at least in my case. I followed DocsDad's advice and blacklisted 6250 in Handcent. No longer get notifications (Thank God) but the messages still accumulate. I have 24 of them this morning. Mine are a bit different from others'; they're labeled VZWPIN rather than VZWMTN.

Turns out this problem has been going on for well over a year on various Verizon phones and it is certainly NOT "a third party texting app." It's Verizon's incompetence with their damn "backup assistant." Turning it off doesn't help. Nothing helps.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
In the subjuct type blacklist 6250 or what is that

Using Handcent, long press the message thread from 6250. A menu will appear that enables you to blacklist that particular sender. The messages may continue to accumulate but you won't be notified.

bear1270

Reaction score
Two quick things I have learned:
One: You may not want to remove Backup Assistant Plus as Verizon techs will tell you to do. When I did this it not only erased ALL my emails on BOTH server and phone, but also fragged my email apps on the phone to the point where a complete reset to factory specs was required.
Two: The texts can be stopped by removing the (Non Gmail) email account and re installing it as POP instead of IMAP. I did this with my LIVE.COM account and the Text messages stopped instantly. Of course push email doesn't work now with that account but it's better than 60 texts a day for nothing.
Also this is not an isolated problem with any specific phone. The exact same thing happened to me years ago when I switched from a normal phone to a smart phone and is not manufacturer or even Android specific. It seems to be a problem with Verizon's push email notifications, but once you switch to POP it eliminates the weird texts. Hope this helps, at least til their techs figure out the real solution..

DocsDad

Reaction score
You can also hide the blacklisted text by going to handcent settings/security & privacy. At least you won't need to look at them either :)

Haley

Reaction score
I got a text from 6250 just like you described everytime I tried (and failed) to install the software update.

Don't know if that helps?