Text from 6250 VZWNMN:1

GotnFX

Reaction score
Crap spoke too soon..text on SMSflash showed up on my screen..I may FDR and see if this helps...

OP
moset

moset

Reaction score
Crap spoke too soon..text on SMSflash showed up on my screen..I may FDR and see if this helps...

I'm pretty sure if from 6250 it's related to BA+
The way I understand it it's data from BA+ that for some reason your phone doesn't understand and displays as a text. So I'd say it still is related to BA+.
But what do I know. :confused:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

GotnFX

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure if from 6250 it's related to BA+
The way I understand it it's data from BA+ that for some reason your phone doesn't understand and displays as a text. So I'd say it still is related to BA+.
But what do I know. :confused:

Under system settjngs ..accounts is BA+ there for you? I am thinking maybe this is why. How do you get rid if it?

GotnFX

Reaction score
Under system settjngs ..accounts is BA+ there for you? I am thinking maybe this is why. How do you get rid if it?

Scratch that question.. was always there..still getting texts after FDR..hopefully a fix will go through with JB...when the official version gets pushed..or if Vz gets a clue and fixes it.

OP
moset

moset

Reaction score
After my call back to tech support I'd be curious how they respond if you pose the same issue of texts from 6250. Since all the "fixes" they suggested don't work.
Maybe take it to the next level of tech support.

vikingvista

Reaction score
I have started receiving text messages from the sender 6250 with the message VZWNMN:1
I remember receiving the same messages some time back but now they are coming much more frequently. About 8 today, 50 total over the past week.
They seem to come about the same time I get email from my non Gmail account.
They now are marked urgent! In the notification bar.
VZW tech support says it's caused by third party text apps. I had chomp installed, uninstalled it and no change.
Of course they now suggest an FOR.
Any suggestions?

There are probably different causes. I started getting these all day long after I disabled the default email app using:

Settings:Apps:All:Email:Disable

I did that because I was disabling all built-in apps that I wasn't using to try to improve device performance. This is the only disable that caused any problems. The problem was solved when I re-enabled it. I did uncheck the "Show notifications" box without any problems, so at least I don't see its presence and have to deal with it, even though it is enabled to run in the background.

vv