6250 text msgs

gmaw

Reaction score
I'm receiving text msgs that say 6250 and then the msg is VZWNMN with a number behind it. I'm receiving 15-20 a day. The Verizon people think they are hooked to the Backup Assistant, but I've disenabled it and still get them. How can we get rid of this msg. It just started yesterday and is coming ALL the time!!!

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
It's Verizon backup assistant.. You need to disable it from change options on Verizon website... Are you running a custom ROM? I've seen this on Note 2 forums across different ROMs..

N2 Tap'd

OP
G

gmaw

Reaction score
6250 Texts

It's Verizon backup assistant.. You need to disable it from change options on Verizon website... Are you running a custom ROM? I've seen this on Note 2 forums across different ROMs..

N2 Tap'd

I run both Yahoo and Gmail. I tried to go in to change the options but could not figure it out. I'm not sure what a "custom ROM" is. I'm only geeky to a point...lol. I would love step by step instructions if you have the time and energy:)

Caren4u2

Reaction score
I've seen something similar w/ my Bionic. I had set up yahoo calendar reminders which when I disabled them using desktop, these texts disappeared.

OP
G

gmaw

Reaction score
I went back to my verizon store for the 3rd time yesterday, sat there for 30-40 minutes while my "go to" guy called Verizon direct, and then the agent "Robert", took control of my phone from his end (with my permission), and finally, got the message to go away permenantly, or so we thought. He really had to do a lot more than I would have been able to do on my end. After leaving the store, I got one more of those irritable 6250 msgs. So got home and called my "go to" guy. Since Robert had said he would call me back directly in about 2 hours I decided to wait for his call and explain to him that 6250 was back. After another 30 minutes on the phone 2 hours later he did some other things, and I have not had another of the msgs, since yesterday afternoon. I'm praying they are really gone for good. Thank you everyone for your suggestions and support. Hopefully none of you will have to experience this. I must say Robert is also going to do a followup call in about a week, also checking my account to make sure that none of the 30 minutes of air time are taken away from me. Very nice and knowlegeable man.