1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

tethering

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2' started by wyzzerdd, Apr 30, 2011.

1. wyzzerdd

wyzzerdd New Member

A while back I read that verizon would start limiting data speeds on people who run tethering on rooted droids, is this actually happening? I've only tethered 2 tims in the past and only use it if my cable internet were to go down.
  2. xan

xan New Member

not yet they havn't.... or the forums would be full of complaints about shut offs and charges added to bills.
  3. Tillyswilly

Tillyswilly New Member

At&t made a statment 2 a bunch of there users that they were going to start adding the tethering charge to those tetherings but verizon hasn't said anything yet I'm sure they will b4 to long though

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
  4. chrstdvd

chrstdvd New Member

Yep, I am in the same boat as you. I only use mine when I have no home internet for my computer which means rarely. It is not worth $20 a month for the official version since I seldom use it, maybe every other month for an hour or so. I would be using the official version, if I paid for what I use, but $20 a month forever and not much usage is not the way to go.