Terminal emulator to root?

koralyne

Reaction score
Hey guys, my friend is asking me to root his incredible today, and the tutorial says to use the android SDK, however, my computer has a glitch and refuses to let me use it at all.

Is it possible to use the terminal emulator to root the incredible, and if so, are there any deviations from the process that i should know about?

i have experience rooting the origional droid, and my droid x, so i know a fair bit about how to root.

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Follow the link in my signature- you don't need the SDK at all. It's much easier than that! You just need a computer, a driver that's included in the tutorial, usb cord and the phone.

OP
koralyne

koralyne

Reaction score
Follow the link in my signature- you don't need the SDK at all. It's much easier than that! You just need a computer, a driver that's included in the tutorial, usb cord and the phone.
Oh, for some reason when skimming over that, i thought i read that it needed the sdk for some reason. My bad, and thank you!

masully1984

Reaction score
Unrevoked is easy to use, just follow the instructions and make sure your friends sd card is at least 2gb

CM7 nightly