Tasks App

Timar99

Reaction score
After the update I noticed a new app called "Tasks" has anyone tried using this to set up some reminders? I can't get the ringtone or vibrate or anything to work on this. pls help

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

SAVVY_1

Reaction score
I just scheduled 2 tasks and it worked fine. Set both vibrate & ring tone in settings.
If your alerts still don't work after going in settings then my advice/ experience: Do a factory reset.
It happened in the past and the best conclusion I have is that another app interfered with the alarm vibrate. But after the restore it's all good.

OP
Timar99

Timar99

Reaction score
thanks savvy..yeah mine works buut only if I set the reminder time on zero. is that what u have set?

SAVVY_1

Reaction score
Timar99, I tested the Tasks app several times this evening ranging from 0 to 15 Minute reminders & they all worked fine.
FYI: I was surprised that the 0 minute reminder worked based on the fact that all this time the factory installed calendar would allow 0 Minute (on time) reminders to be scheduled but had a pop up that 5 minutes was what it would default to.
I guess the recent OTA upgrade fixed that because I just did a few tests w/ calendar appointments set at 0 min reminders (on time) and it worked too.
Hopefully yours will be corrected soon.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Droid Forums

OP
Timar99

Timar99

Reaction score
you know what's strange is that this "tasks" app just appeared after the update on its own, I didn't have it before.

SAVVY_1

Reaction score
I believe you're correct.

Rooz

Reaction score
Do you know how to sync the gmail/google tasks with the phone tasks app?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
Timar99

Timar99

Reaction score
not sure on that one.