So if I don't need a task killer..

MO3iusONE

Reaction score
Why does the droid pro come with one by default? Don't get me wrong, I get decent battery life especially now that I have an extended battery but even with my HTC Evo I saw a huge difference when I downloaded a task killer.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

OP
MO3iusONE

MO3iusONE

Reaction score
Yea its called task manager, I rarely use it but its there. The only time I've used it is if I have a lot of programs running and it starts to act sluggish. Sometimes when playing a game, there's no way to exit out of it, even when you hit the home key and coin other things, its still in the background taking up resources hence why id use a task killer to kill that specific program. I do believe in task killers but I rarely find myself using it on the pro. Like I said, I saw a huge battery difference for my Evo when I downloaded a task killer but this Droid pro seems to be doing alright

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

Dugall12

Reaction score
In 2.2 its said that task managers are no longer needed. When I got a 2.2 rom on my Droid I removed my Advanced Task Manager and its kind of liberating to not to have to press the widget to end tasks every time I lock the phone. So to make sure programs get closed now I back out of everything instead of using the home key.