1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

So if I don't need a task killer..

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Pro' started by MO3iusONE, Dec 13, 2010.

1. MO3iusONE

MO3iusONE New Member

Why does the droid pro come with one by default? Don't get me wrong, I get decent battery life especially now that I have an extended battery but even with my HTC Evo I saw a huge difference when I downloaded a task killer.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App
  2. spydergirl

spydergirl New Member

Very logical question and something I wondered myself. Anyone??
  3. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad

The droid pro comes with one?

tappin and a talkin
  4. MO3iusONE

MO3iusONE New Member

Yea its called task manager, I rarely use it but its there. The only time I've used it is if I have a lot of programs running and it starts to act sluggish. Sometimes when playing a game, there's no way to exit out of it, even when you hit the home key and coin other things, its still in the background taking up resources hence why id use a task killer to kill that specific program. I do believe in task killers but I rarely find myself using it on the pro. Like I said, I saw a huge battery difference for my Evo when I downloaded a task killer but this Droid pro seems to be doing alright

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App
  5. Dugall12

Dugall12 New Member

In 2.2 its said that task managers are no longer needed. When I got a 2.2 rom on my Droid I removed my Advanced Task Manager and its kind of liberating to not to have to press the widget to end tasks every time I lock the phone. So to make sure programs get closed now I back out of everything instead of using the home key.