task killer confusion

poooookah78

Reaction score
Does anyone have a script that can auto close the browser preventing you from opening the same page you were just on the next day when you open the browser?

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I haven't tried ATK, I have been using ATM (Advanced Task Manager), which is basically the same thing. All I have used it for recently, has been to bulk uninstall things. I recently downloaded about 20 icon packs (no pictures in most descriptions *shakes fist*) to find only 2 or 3 I liked, no reason to keep them all installed. ATM came in handy for this purpose.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Does anyone have a script that can auto close the browser preventing you from opening the same page you were just on the next day when you open the browser?

When in the browser and done browsing, simply click menu>windows> then close all windows with the x's on the right. The browser will load your homepage and that's what you'll see when you reopen it.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

When in the browser and done browsing, simply click menu>windows> then close all windows with the x's on the right. The browser will load your homepage and that's what you'll see when you reopen it.

Not sure about the default browser since i haven't used it in some time, but both Dolphin and xScope (as well as others, I suspect) enable clearing of the cache when leaving the browser with a long click on the "back" button.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

Not sure about the default browser since i haven't used it in some time, but both Dolphin and xScope (as well as others, I suspect) enable clearing of the cache when leaving the browser with a long click on the "back" button.

Just tried this. Long-pressing back button in default browser brings up History, then you can press menu and clear history!

Thanks for the tip!

Use my first suggestion if you just want to not see the page you were last on next time, or use this new tip to clear all history.:icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

rotor george

Reaction score

Just tried this. Long-pressing back button in default browser brings up History, then you can press menu and clear history!

Thanks for the tip!

Use my first suggestion if you just want to not see the page you were last on next time, or use this new tip to clear all history.

Great tip, too bad it's buried in a task killer thread.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Task killers are not useless but they are frequently misused. A lot of people assume that Android operates like their former device.

This.

Frequently misused is the big problem. A correctly used task killer couple with Android =better performance and battery life.

To those naysayers about battery life improvements:

Its not the programs taking up memory slowing the phone, or killing the battery. Its the ones who hoge CPU resources instead of idling like they should. You can hope that Android kills them (it wont unless ram is too low), or take the extra time to reboot your phone now and again.

Me I prefer I tap, tap, done method. ;)

jradebaugh

Reaction score
I think if it works for what you want it to, then by all means use it. I find that it really makes no difference with the Droid being that it lasts a full day with text, talk, and internet use.
I did take mine into the Verizon store because I wasn't getting my hotmail pushed to it and the rep came out of the storage room and said he installed an app killer and app manager on it. I told him thanks, and deleted them right in front of them.