TapaTalk....how well doe it work with this forum

loop4zil

Reaction score
I was thinking about forking over the bucks for this app...

I see that a number of members are using it including some moderators.

Can some one give me a few pros and/or cons to it?

bodean

Reaction score

I tired it, and got a refund. Nothing wrong with using the browser, plus its free. Saw nothing in Tapatalk that said "WOW this is great!"

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I tired it, and got a refund. Nothing wrong with using the browser, plus its free. Saw nothing in Tapatalk that said "WOW this is great!"

Nit only do I agree with this I'll also say I found the app difficult to browse the Forum. I too got a refund.

But many people seem to like it. Maybe you will to. You've got 24 hours after you buy to decide.

Phoxus

Reaction score
WHAT I HATE ABOUT THESE FORUMS NOW is in my mobile browser i constantly get "THIS FORUM IS NOW TAPATALK READY" EVERY dang TIME!

STOP THAT POPUP!!!

<-edited i had rage

J

JohnDroid

WHAT I HATE ABOUT THESE FORUMS NOW is in my mobile browser i constantly get "THIS FORUM IS NOW TAPATALK READY" EVERY dang TIME!

STOP THAT POPUP!!!

<-edited i had rage

You need to make sure that you have cookies enabled, if you do it will only ask you once.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
I find it very convenient. It's rather simple and I think how it sorts the posts, it has a favorites section that lists your subscribed threads.

For me, its nice. The only drawback is the picture quality of posted pictures. It's bad, at least for me.

I like it pretty well.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I find it very convenient. It's rather simple and I think how it sorts the posts, it has a favorites section that lists your subscribed threads.

For me, its nice. The only drawback is the picture quality of posted pictures. It's bad, at least for me.

I like it pretty well.

I agree completely here, but I'll add that I really like how fast threads load, and the fact that pm's are accessible/can be replied to.

As well, I emailed them and they said they're working on notifications. If they do it right, I could disable my email notifications, since I currently get an email, then, if I want to reply, I open Tapatalk.

I can't really see how it makes browsing difficult. The main tab is "active topics," where I spend a lot of time in the browser/on my PC, then there's a tab to view forums and sub forums. They just added the ability to make those favorites.

Those are in addition to the info in the quote.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

hookerdj

Reaction score
wow i really like it...it is so fast . the only thing so far is you cant search? im sure thats coming soon with all the latest updates its really sweet now

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

STOP THAT POPUP!!!

<-edited i had rage

That's not on our end. That's been day one since we started using the app. We weren't even aware of it, and I thought it had been taken care of. I'll mention it again.

I don't see it when I enter the forum on my Droid.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

STOP THAT POPUP!!!

I'm pretty certain as long as you have cookies enabled, it doesn't show up again. I still occasionally use the browser and I haven't seen it in a while...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

SpykeZ

Reaction score

STOP THAT POPUP!!!

<-edited i had rage

You need to make sure that you have cookies enabled, if you do it will only ask you once.

Unfortunately that's not always the case, I think it might be 3rd party browser related. I got cookies enabled and I'm using the dolphin browser but that popup comes back about every 2nd/3rd time I come here.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

STOP THAT POPUP!!!

<-edited i had rage

Unfortunately that's not always the case, I think it might be 3rd party browser related. I got cookies enabled and I'm using the dolphin browser but that popup comes back about every 2nd/3rd time I come here.

Hmmmm.....

Well, let me mention it to admin again. Perhaps they can talk to the developer. I'm certain it isn't on our end. Have you guys emailed the developer at all?

Last edited:

SpykeZ

Reaction score

Hmmmm.....

Well, let me mention it to admin again. Perhaps they can talk to the developer. I'm certain it isn't on our end. Have you guys emailed the developer at all?

nah, until the massive size sig issue is resolved on staff end I don't plan on viewing this forum on my droid, tired of scrolling for half an hour (exaggeration) becuase people find it necessary to put 30 unecessary pictures and quotes in their sig taking up half the screen

Riddick

Reaction score

STOP THAT POPUP!!!

<-edited i had rage

I browse using the mobile skin, no popups from tapatalk.