best homescreen replacement app

doublea500

Reaction score
what android homescreen replacement app do you think is the best. for me its between launcherpro or ahome. i just got ahome so i dont know anything about it yet. seems fast so far for me. dont take the price of the apps into factor when you reply. also say why you think its better and what the pros and cons are (include speed and memory or battery if possible please)!

ty guys

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
LauncherPro for me - I like the interface, the scrolling dockbar (this was the actual thing that won me over), and the dev always seems to be working on the making the app better.

I have used LPP since my D1 and continued with it on the X...

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Of those two I'd go for Launcher Pro, but I REALLY like ADW. Try ADW and LP and see which one you like best.

ADW:
Pros- Stock-like feel, speed, stability, customization options, small footprint, ability to lock in memory so you don't get redraws, Galaxy S-style app drawer, 4 action buttons you can dock. Free.

Cons- Might be too stock-like, can be a pain to configure JUST right, occasional slight hangs on boot on my machine, hopefully to be fixed with an update, no more than 7 home screens.

Last edited:
OP
doublea500

doublea500

Reaction score
LauncherPro for me - I like the interface, the scrolling dockbar (this was the actual thing that won me over), and the dev always seems to be working on the making the app better.

yea i know, do you know what the new launcher pro will look like when the dev redoes it with a new code? and do you know when he will finish?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
+1 for launcher pro. I haven't heard anything about a timeline for the update to lp yet but I've got my ear to the ground.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13

yea i know, do you know what the new launcher pro will look like when the dev redoes it with a new code? and do you know when he will finish?

I don't and I have not been to his website in a while...but I am sure it will be just as nice if not better than what he has already done.

There is another home replacement app on the horizon called SlickUI - this also looks pretty nice...it is still in the "construction phase" last I knew and had not reached "beta" yet...but it will be some nice competition for the top home apps right now - if it is not a resource hog and functions as it is projected. Slick UI Announced as Aesthetically Pleasing Home Replacement Option - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

OP
doublea500

doublea500

Reaction score
k ty, i am a fan of the widgets and the sizing of widgets on launcherpro also, wish it would go faster for me. thats the only con. i love how there are millions of settings available though

OP
doublea500

doublea500

Reaction score
on ahome is it able to turn landscape also?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
k ty, i am a fan of the widgets and the sizing of widgets on launcherpro also, wish it would go faster for me. thats the only con. i love how there are millions of settings available though

Have you tweaked the settings for speed? Are you using the 3D app drawer in LP? Sometimes, the use of it can slow the launcher itself. But there are also settings for scrolling and opening as well.

OP
doublea500

doublea500

Reaction score

Have you tweaked the settings for speed? Are you using the 3D app drawer in LP? Sometimes, the use of it can slow the launcher itself. But there are also settings for scrolling and opening as well.

no im not usin 3d app drawer

johnnycool001

Reaction score
I'm using Lancher Pro, I checked the stay in memerory and it seemed to fix the redraw for a while. now it is creaping back. but alot better then the stock one. Love the custmation of it. I tried zeam for a while. It is small and simple with a unlimited scrolling dock bar. but in the end I went back to LP for all the options.