Tapatalk . . . go to first unread??

ralphtt

Reaction score
Tapatalk worked fine on my RAZR Maxx but I have trouble staying 'logged in' on my Droid Turbo. Result is Tapatalk takes me to the first message in the thread, not to the 'first unread' as desired.

Suggestions much appreciated!

Sent from my Droid Turbo

PowrDroid

Reaction score
Tapatalk worked fine on my RAZR Maxx but I have trouble staying 'logged in' on my Droid Turbo. Result is Tapatalk takes me to the first message in the thread, not to the 'first unread' as desired.

Sent from my Droid Turbo

I'd start over.

1. From the home screen of TapaTalk, where it shows all forums you are a member, delete DroidForums.net.

2. From that same screen, using the search feature, type DroidForum and search and find DroidForums.net. Tap the "Plus" sign to add it to your list of forums.

3. Return to the home screen of TapaTalk and open DroidForum.net. Tap on the three bar menu in the upper left corner of your screen. (I think it says Timeline). Tap on "Join or Sign in". Sign in using username and password.

4. Tap on the three bar menu in the upper left corner of your screen. Tap Browse.

5. Tap on "Motorola Droid Turbo." (It's near the top of the list, it's not listed under 'Motorola Forums")

6. Tap on "Motorola Droid Turbo" again.

7. Tap on three dot menu in the upper right hand corner of your screen.

8. Select "Subscribe."

9. Exit the application.

10. Re-enter the application and select DroidForums.net.

11. Tap on three bar menu in upper left hand corner of screen. Select "Subscribed". You are now in the forum.

12. Tap on the three bar menu in upper left corner of screen. Select "Unread" to see all unread threads. Or select "Participated" to see the threads you've posted in.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'd start over.

1. From the home screen of TapaTalk, where it shows all forums you are a member, delete DroidForums.net.

2. From that same screen, using the search feature, type DroidForum and search and find DroidForums.net. Tap the "Plus" sign to add it to your list of forums.

3. Return to the home screen of TapaTalk and open DroidForum.net. Tap on the three bar menu in the upper left corner of your screen. (I think it says Timeline). Tap on "Join or Sign in". Sign in using username and password.

4. Tap on the three bar menu in the upper left corner of your screen. Tap Browse.

5. Tap on "Motorola Droid Turbo." (It's near the top of the list, it's not listed under 'Motorola Forums")

6. Tap on "Motorola Droid Turbo" again.

7. Tap on three dot menu in the upper right hand corner of your screen.

8. Select "Subscribe."

9. Exit the application.

10. Re-enter the application and select DroidForums.net.

11. Tap on three bar menu in upper left hand corner of screen. Select "Subscribed". You are now in the forum.

12. Tap on the three bar menu in upper left corner of screen. Select "Unread" to see all unread threads. Or select "Participated" to see the threads you've posted in.
Good advice. Not quite what the OP was asking though, I don't think. OP states that it takes them to the first message in a thread, not the first unread. You steps will show unread threads in the forum, but not take the user to the first unread post in a thread that they've been following.

1. In Tapatalk, Get into Droidforums.net, where you'll either see "Subscribed," "Unread," etc. (The list of threads in droidforums.net or conversations, notifications, that stuff.)

2. Tap the 3 bar menu on the upper left or swipe from the very left side of the screen to bring up the "menu" for droidforums.net.

3. Tap the icon in the upper right that looks like 2 gears for the settings for tapatalk as they pertain to droidforums.net.

4. Scroll down to the Topic & Post section (might already be visible on your screen without scrolling) and make sure "Loading Behavior" is set to "Jump to First Unread". Other options are "Jump to Original Post" and "Jump to Most Recent".

Reactions: cr6

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
May I slightly hijack the thread? So many tapa people here. Finally logged in through Tapatalk to a forum I was lurking on. When I'm on my PC I can't log on, password won't work. Your thoughts.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Strange. It should be the same and it shouldn't effect anything on your pc. I assume you've tried rebooting your pc?

S5 tap'n

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Thought maybe that capitalized something. No go. Tapa automatically entered my password. Thanks for your input. Now back to the thread.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yeah, that's a strange one. Do you have the "forgot my password" option when attempting to sign in on that forum from the PC?

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, hoping it won't force me to change it as Microsoft does. Life is simple when you only have one password to remember. (For life)

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Sent from my Droid Turbo

There is an update that we need to install that might fix the issue. We should have it done today.

OP
R

ralphtt

Reaction score
Appreciate the tips, guys . . . that said, Tapatalk is still acting flaky on my Turbo. Guess I have more work to do. :)

OP
R

ralphtt

Reaction score
Hopefully. Looking forward to trying it after the update is complete.

danDroid . . . let us know!