Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Let us know what carrier you find that doesn't bend you over.
I guarantee they all will. However I just can't continue to get it from VZW. I pay far to much for a cell phone. It's just a phone and I can't continue to pay what I do every month for it.

Note 4tified

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I guarantee they all will. However I just can't continue to get it from VZW. I pay far to much for a cell phone. It's just a phone and I can't continue to pay what I do every month for it.

Note 4tified
I'm in the same boat. Paying over $100 for a phone is crazy. I need to learn to not use data and go to a dumb phone.

alhadee12

Reaction score

Note 4tified
What provider did you choose?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

alhadee12

Reaction score
I am going to get a "trial" phone from T Mobile to see how their service is.

Note 4tified
If it works, at least they'll provide you with some credits for porting your number in trading in your phone.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
If it works, at least they'll provide you with some credits for porting your number in trading in your phone.

My big thing is I will be able to stream music and Netflix without going against my data. If VZW gave me that with what I pay now I'd be happy. But if someone else is going to give me more for less I will sacrifice a little coverage.

Note 4tified

alhadee12

Reaction score
My big thing is I will be able to stream music and Netflix without going against my data. If VZW gave me that with what I pay now I'd be happy. But if someone else is going to give me more for less I will sacrifice a little coverage.

Note 4tified
That's a good deal, as long as the rest of the service works for you.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus

Note 4tified

You'll also get 7GB of free tethering per month, per line as well.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
You'll also get 7GB of free tethering per month, per line as well.
I get free tethering now and don't think I've used 1 gb to tether in the last year. But it is another nice feature to have there when/if needed

Note 4tified

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I get free tethering now and don't think I've used 1 gb to tether in the last year. But it is another nice feature to have there when/if needed

Note 4tified

I gotcha. I use it now and then and like that I don't have to find a work around to get tethering since they just give it to you.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia

Note 4tified
To me, it's not "just a phone". It's a mini computer in my pocket that connects me to work, it's a music player that I listen to while at work, and an entertainment system that keeps me entertained the rest of the time. I hardly use the phone part. I use maybe 200 of my 450 minute voice plan. (And that's on a good month)
With all the "fine print" BS, VZW still gives me the best coverage and value for my money. I hate having no coverage during those times when I know I realistically shouldn't have coverage, so I can't imagine having even less just to save a few bucks a month.
After the price hike we're paying $217 & change for two UD lines. Yeah it's steep, but in the grand scheme of things it's worth it IMO.

S5 tap'n

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
To me, it's not "just a phone". It's a mini computer in my pocket that connects me to work, it's a music player that I listen to while at work, and an entertainment system that keeps me entertained the rest of the time. I hardly use the phone part. I use maybe 200 of my 450 minute voice plan. (And that's on a good month)
With all the "fine print" BS, VZW still gives me the best coverage and value for my money. I hate having no coverage during those times when I know I realistically shouldn't have coverage, so I can't imagine having even less just to save a few bucks a month.
After the price hike we're paying $217 & change for two UD lines. Yeah it's steep, but in the grand scheme of things it's worth it IMO.

S5 tap'n
In your boat I would be ok. With the UDP I wouldn't have to even consider what I stream and where... But the last few months I have really begun to enjoy Amazon music and for our bill being $320 a month for 3 lines I would expect to be able to stream music as I wish.

Granted VZW does have the best coverage out there but at the end of the day I being the customer should feel as though I am getting what I pay for. Sadly after this last ordeal yesterday I just do not feel I am. I feel truly manipulated by the wording of the ad I read/saw.

I am going to try the T mobile phone and see how coverage is. I also decided that I going to wait until I get the next bill to see if it actually came down... I don't think it will I think that is more VZW trickery... The analyzer said my prior monthly was 200 but the new will be 160... Plus we have $97 in phone payments and insurance.

If the bill does indeed come down I will feel better as that means I have added 8gb to my plan for less money. However if it goes up by the $60 I thinking it is going to I feel then I have been ripped off and will move the phones elsewhere.

This is just another case where I should have sat back and let the dust settle before I signed up for something that I thought was to good to be true.

Note 4tified

Reactions: cr6

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Phone from T Mobile is on it's way. Going to try it for 20 days and see how it works out for me... If it goes well I will be switching our other lines to them