T-Mobile is Directly Targeting Verizon Customers with Newest Promo

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
t-mobile-logo-side-angle-wall.jpg

If you are a Verizon customer and happen to live in one of the many areas of the country in which T-Mobile has expanded and improved their network coverage, then you might be tempted by their latest offer. That is assuming you are also a fan of Hulu.

The latest "Un-Carrier" promo from Big Pink is a bit odd. Verizon customers who switch to T-Mobile will get a year of free Premium Hulu. The offer is for a limited time only (starting December 11th and ending on December 17th), and is only redeemable with a gift code. This promo ties into T-Mobile's earlier Un-Carrier initiative that offers unlimited streaming for select services, including Hulu.

T-Mobile is also including (for the same limited time) a half-price sale on all (in-store financed) accessories like smartwatches, Bluetooth speakers, headphones and wearables. Finally, T-Mobile is also pairing this with their other option that allows Verizon customers to sign up for T-Mobile’s Carrier Freedom. This allows for a credit of up to $650 per line or more to cover Verizon’s early termination fees (ETFs), or any balance you may owe on your Verizon phone. This only works when you switch your number to T-Mobile with a trade-in.

For more details, hit up the source link below. What do you folks think of T-Mobile's bizarre new offer?

Source: T-Mobile Unwraps a Full Year of Hulu & Half-Off the Hottest Holiday Gifts for Verizon Customers | T-Mobile Newsroom

Domestic violence

Reaction score
Could I go and grab a note 5, finance it through Verizon and then jump to t-mo? Would they pay for my hardware "fee"??

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Could I go and grab a note 5, finance it through Verizon and then jump to t-mo? Would they pay for my hardware "fee"??
Yup once you turn in that brand new Note 5 you bought from Vzw.

This allows for a credit of up to $650 per line or more to cover Verizon’s early termination fees (ETFs), or any balance you may owe on your Verizon phone. This only works when you switch your number to T-Mobile with a trade-in.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I wish VZW would step up and offer something to their customers.. More data for free or streaming or something.... But at this point we are lucky just to get updates in a timely manner

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Why couldn't I trade in my Note 4 and take the 5 with me?

Because while your Note 4 is paid off, your 5 is brand new and not paid off and you still owe the retail price of the device (at least if you're on the Verizon Edge program).

EDIT

Oh, hmm, maybe not actually, I didn't read the terms carefully. You might be able to keep the 5 then if they'll pay up to $650?

alhadee12

Reaction score
I wish VZW would step up and offer something to their customers.. More data for free or streaming or something.... But at this point we are lucky just to get updates in a timely manner
Verizon is offering 24 bonus gigs for life if you activate or upgrade on their XL size or larger data plans.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Verizon is offering 24 bonus gigs for life if you activate or upgrade on their XL size or larger data plans.

Do you have an article on this? I was just looking at going to the XXL plan right now. But is this a month or year for the 24GB?

Note 4tified

alhadee12

Reaction score
So it's actually 2gb per month per phone. That's not bad... Not as good as free streaming but way better than nothing!

Note 4tified
I would say they're trying to woo customers.