System Camera accidentally delete!

eljaypodii16

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Jelly bean 4.2.1
I'm trying to move my camera in my phone storage but when i'm finished and test the app it says app is not installed. I don't have the back up of my camera! I tried downloading the apk from the net but it always says installation failed! (Something like that) I already tried to move in system/app and change the permission but still failing! I think i need the camera.apk and camera.odex because almost app in my system app does have .odex! Please help me!!! Thank you! I have rooted Android 4.2.1 thank you all! :)

I just realize right know that i'm missing my gallery too! Help me please! :(

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
My be just as easy to get one from the Play Store. As for your pictures, they should still be on your sd in /DCIM/Camera

Tapped from a Moto X

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Welcome to the forum eljaypodii!
Can you tell us what you were using to move these apps? (ES File Explorer, etc) As you have experienced, moving "system apps" it's never recommended as they are located in a particular area for a reason. System apps (like your camera) work in conjunction with so many other apps and files on your device, that moving apps like this can cause a domino effect and influence your gallery, msg app, and many more.

The camera apps suggested to you "should" work, although they aren't the actual camera app that came with your device. Since you are rooted, I would recommend flashing your Nandroid backup. This will completely restore your device back to it's functioning state before this happened, including your camera.

Good luck and let us know how you make out!

tap'n on my S5

Last edited: