Sync and backup question.

johnnycool001

Reaction score
I know on all the new phones have verizons backup assistance on them. On the Droid 3 there was an option to use it or sync to Google, I didn't see this on the menu on the RAZR, So what is the deal? I have always used google, I never understood why verizon added this feature, when it is built it with Google.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Nobody knows what I'm talking about?

I do. The option was forced upon you to choose during setup with the D3, where it's now a choice as an app. You are only asked to sign into Google at setup with the RAZR.

OP
J

johnnycool001

Reaction score
I do. The option was forced upon you to choose during setup with the D3, where it's now a choice as an app. You are only asked to sign into Google at setup with the RAZR.

First thanks for awnsering me, So if i undstand correctly, Once I sign in to Google, and I don't activate backup assastance everything will back up to Google like my OG?

DaveB722

Reaction score
If my memory serves me right, it'll ask which you want to use. I set up my daughters with jus google. Didn't want that verizon crap.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

gling

Reaction score
You can go into Device Set up or Location/Security anytime and enable/disable services from Google, Verizon or Stand Alone Services.
I also keep the Verizon services turned off and use Google for backup.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

SallyC

Reaction score
I know on all the new phones have verizons backup assistance on them. On the Droid 3 there was an option to use it or sync to Google, I didn't see this on the menu on the RAZR, So what is the deal? I have always used google, I never understood why verizon added this feature, when it is built it with Google.

I think this is what you're asking. Go to Menu>Settings>Accounts and select your Google acct. You can select there what you want it to sync.

Also, in your Contacts, go to Menu>More>Settings>Contact Storage and select where you want new contacts stored.