Sync contacts to google

ssmontecarlo3800

Reaction score
Hi. I currently have a Droid, and really love the way it automatically syncs all your contacts to your google account, so that you can easily access it online from gmail. My mom recently got a Droid 2, and the verizon store used backup assistant to get all her phone numbers from her old phone (Motorola Rival) to the Droid 2. However, none of these numbers in her phone synced to her gmail account. It seems that any new contacts entered into the phone stay in the phone and do not get synced to google. Is there a way to use Google as the default contact manager rather than verizon's backup assistant? I know that I can export the contact list from the phone and import it into google, but I was wondering if there was a way to have the phone do it automatically, like my original Droid did it.

solar

Reaction score
A contact should, by default, when created under "Phone Contacts" also be added to google contacts. The backup assistant should just be syncing whats in the phone contacts area, (though I haven't double checked this, some can correct me if thats not right.) Backup Assistant isn't a location to save contacts

Make sure under settings, Accounts, My Accounts, check your google account and make sure its set to sync the contacts.

scotthisey

Reaction score
Mine is doing the same thing, I add a contact to my phone and it isnt syncing with my gmail account....