Swype

MK17

Reaction score
You can't download swype from the market, but if you search for swype on this forum you will find a link so that you can download it

Kdubbjr

Reaction score
I love Swype. Give it a chance for about 4 hours to get use to it and you'll love it too.

Atook

Reaction score
Swype is perfect for the portrait keyboard, though sometimes I have a hard time making it go away when I'm filling out forms (sign in, etc). The only feature I miss is the autocapitilization.

I wish there was a way to keep swype for portrait, and make the landscape keyboard default back to the stock. I never use the physical keyboard anymore, which is funny since it's one of the reasons I wanted the Droid to begin with.

k3ith29

Reaction score
Personally I love swype. There is a similar application in the market called ShapeWriter, however there is no comparison between it and swype. Swype is way better.

Once you get used to using it, you can type incredibly fast. I am sure however that there are some who may not like it, and it may not be for everyone. You either like it or you dont.

drumrun

Reaction score
Swype has definitely changed the game, I just wish it looked better/less cluttered.:icon_rolleyes:

bikerboy

Reaction score
Tried searching., alot of link with too many pages ..... i donno if i'll go thro all of these, if someone got the link please message it to me, or post it here, thanks

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Swype was interesting but I am used to the layout of keyboards and typing with two hands that I don't really even look at the phone. With Swype I have to look the whole time to make sure I am running my finger over the right letters and don't go to other letters by accident. Also it is always popping up the choose this word thing. The built in word base doesn't recognize abbreviated words.. so for now I won't count it out.. I still play with it every now and then. The concept is really cool, but sticking with my standard on screen and slide out.

dwagner88

Reaction score
meh. I did the tutorial and I used it for a week. It was excellent for texts and emails and rubbish for everything else. Once my finger got trained to swipe instead of tap, it made it VERY difficult to type in web addresses or email addresses. This was what killed it for me. I went back to the default keyboard and uninstalled swype. I don't really see how they can make it any easier for typing things which are not words (I.E. email addresses and web addresses). That's gonna prove to be this things biggest limitation.

mrnelson86

Reaction score
One thing, you can add commonly used e-mails to the dictionary and if you type in the first couple of letters (without swyping, just tapping the letters) it comes up on the autofill (takes a lot less time)

jbernard703

Reaction score
i downloaded swype and havent touched my keyboard since. this might be the single greates "app", if you can call it that, on my droid right now.