Swype - Open of EnglishUS Failed!

OP
S

shugknight

Reaction score
Are you using the 3d Helix Launcher? That one is slower and buggier. The reg Helix launcher is where it's at!
I think it's the regular version.

is the 3d launcher called Helix Launcher 2?

I tried that, but it FC'ed on me.

EbE404

Reaction score
No Swype issues here (2.1, not rooted). I did have to reinstall after the manual (official) 2.1 update, but smooth sailing ever since.

C3P0

Reaction score
Hahaha am I rooted? Thats a good question..which no one can figure out. My droid was rooted, and has been re-rooted, but permission's are still non-existent. Theres actually a thread with 10 pages and over 1000 views on my issues and no one has figured it out yet. But considering how buggy the issues have made my system idk if my swype issue is root or non root based.

In fact your welcome to check out the thread I thought I saw one of you was part of a rescue squad
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/blackdroid/35789-unique-problem.html
If you enjoy puzzles...eat your heart out ^^

Last edited:

allikanbe

Reaction score
I just got the same open of usenglish failed on my droid. I tried force quit (nope), power off and on (nope), remove battery (nope) so I uninstalled it. Will reinstall and see if it returns.
not rooted. I also deleted Helix Launcher to see if that made a difference (nope).

mykeuva

Reaction score
I just got the same open of usenglish failed on my droid. I tried force quit (nope), power off and on (nope), remove battery (nope) so I uninstalled it. Will reinstall and see if it returns.
not rooted. I also deleted Helix Launcher to see if that made a difference (nope).

Yeah, I'm not rooted, and I don't have the Helix launch, and I get that error......so it's definitely nothing to do w/ being rooted or running Helix launcher....

OP
S

shugknight

Reaction score
Have you tried uninstalling..... power off your phone. Pull the battery (30 seconds +) and then rebooting and trying to install? Sometimes something simple like this can resolve a lot of issues.

Martin, you sir, are a genius! I'm still crossing my fingers though as it still may come up.

Anyways, I followed what you told me, step by step, in that order. So far Swype hasn't given me that USEnglish Fail! error. It's been a total of 24 hours since I re-installed it, and so far so good. Like I said I'm still keeping my fingers crossed, but the 2 times I've had to re-install, it took less than 24 hours before the message popped up again.

For those having this problem, try Martin's solution. Seems to be working for me.

allikanbe

Reaction score
I reinstalled Swype. I wouldn't call it a "solution". It's as if you never had Swype and decided to install it so, of course, you don't have the problem. regardless, Swype looks okay for now. For all we know, the problem is still there and will occur again.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Folks,

Just to be sure everyone is on the same page, the official beta is version 5652. If you're running 5612, you're running a version that has been superseded. If you're running 5652 it probably means you're part of the "official" beta; running 5612, you're most likely not.

If you're running 5652 and are part of the "official beta," and you're experiencing the problem, Swype will fix it for you. Just go onto the Swype website and report the problem. If you're running 5612 you probably haven't faced the annoying "re-enable after power cycle" bug, but you may have run into another bug in an unsupported version of the software.

EbE404

Reaction score
Folks,

Just to be sure everyone is on the same page, the official beta is version 5652. If you're running 5612, you're running a version that has been superseded. If you're running 5652 it probably means you're part of the "official" beta; running 5612, you're most likely not.

If you're running 5652 and are part of the "official beta," and you're experiencing the problem, Swype will fix it for you. Just go onto the Swype website and report the problem. If you're running 5612 you probably haven't faced the annoying "re-enable after power cycle" bug, but you may have run into another bug in an unsupported version of the software.

Yep, 5652 here, part of official beta, and no issues (other than the "input select" bug after rebooting).

OP
S

shugknight

Reaction score
Folks,

Hmm.. well you do have something there. I have the 5612 version. When did 5652 come out? I googled Droid 5652 and came out with this thread from DF stating that 5612 was the correct version from a month ago. I take it Swype released 5652 and superseded 5612?

I still haven't received the EnglishUS Failed! Error and I've been using my phone all day. Sending numerous texts as well as long emails. Well either way, I found 5652 and downloaded it, so if I happen to see the error, I'll go ahead and use that version.

mykeuva

Reaction score
Folks,

Yep, using 5652.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hahaha am I rooted? Thats a good question..which no one can figure out. My droid was rooted, and has been re-rooted, but permission's are still non-existent. Theres actually a thread with 10 pages and over 1000 views on my issues and no one has figured it out yet. But considering how buggy the issues have made my system idk if my swype issue is root or non root based.

In fact your welcome to check out the thread I thought I saw one of you was part of a rescue squad
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/blackdroid/35789-unique-problem.html
If you enjoy puzzles...eat your heart out ^^

Puzzle appears to be solved?

C3P0

Reaction score
Haha yeah finally..only took a few days. We didn't really figure out what was wrong but flashing a new .sbf and re-rooting with dmu has got me back to normal. And I'm thinking of just trying to find and install a new swype .apk cuz I think the one I have right now is a older (and unsupported) buggier one.

meaker

Reaction score
I had this same problem on tuesday but I just reinstalled it and all is good so far.. I wonder if the problem will come back..