Swype configured for a different device?

Phaze08

Reaction score
So I've been using Swype for quite a while but just now I downloaded the November update and it worked fine until I tried to type when a message came up saying "this installation of Swype is configured for a different device. It will work with limited functionality. " basically this means it only works with tapping on the keyboard. Any incite?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
If you have your browser set with a User Agent of something like Computer or Desktop change it to Android and try re-downloading.

OP
P

Phaze08

Reaction score
Uh... how do I do that? I'm using the default browser.

OP
P

Phaze08

Reaction score
So......what else do you suggest? I really like swype and want to see what the update is like.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I'm at a loss. I have only seen that when I change my User Agent on xScope or Dolphin HD. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Remove the installer and swype. Reboot, then redownload the installer and install it again. Make sure you hit back after it's done installing to go back to the installer and finish it through.

Btw, the updates nice. Double tap a word to edit and a voice search button on the keyboard now too.

OP
P

Phaze08

Reaction score
Yeah I found it and got it fixed, thanks guys.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
u cant on the default browser lol your user agent is already defaulted to android
You can, actually, with the default browser. Google the "about:debug" approach.

It's not relevant to this thread though. I'm not sure why someone suggested changing the user agent in the browser. That has nothing to do with this error message with Swype.

pyro6128

Reaction score
its not in the market, you need to be a member of the beta, which is currently closed.