switching from .8 to .16

tha rockstar

Reaction score
Ok I have 98.72.8 right now running Jelly Haters ROM and Safestrap 3.11. I downloaded the OTA 98.72.16 and when it went to install my phone would reboot and show Android laying on its side with red triangle and exclamation mark in it. I went into SS and wiped cache and dalvik. My phone quit rebooting thank goodness!! How do I upgrade to the 98.72.16?

Last edited:

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
someone can correct me if im wrong but i thought updates would fail because safe strap was installed.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
I would go back to stock, take the OTA.

OP
T

tha rockstar

Reaction score
It was failing. After I downloaded it and hit install, my phone rebooted and the Android was on its side with a red triangle in its stomach. It would set at that screen for 2 minutes, then reboot again going to SS screen and then thru droid screens to jelly beans coming out of tha Android eye and I could use my phone for about 2 mins and then it would reboot to Android with red triangle. I finally went into SS and cleared cache and dalvik and rebooted. It's like it shutdown the OTA. I wanna kno how I can get tha OTA? What I need to do?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7

nhepler90

Reaction score
I had the same issue. The jelly haters ROM is made to be on the .8 build. If you are still on jelly haters and try to upgrade to .16 it will not work. You have to be on the stock ROM slot.

OP
T

tha rockstar

Reaction score
I had the same issue. The jelly haters ROM is made to be on the .8 build. If you are still on jelly haters and try to upgrade to .16 it will not work. You have to be on the stock ROM slot.

My stock ROM slot ICS .215 . can I switch back to ics and then install tha OTA update?

nhepler90

Reaction score
You will need to use Matt's utility 1.82 to revert back to stock .211 then go to system update in the settings or use Matt's utility to install jelly bean

OP
T

tha rockstar

Reaction score
Thanks a lot. Where I live tha only internet I have is on my phone, so when I get to a friends house to use their PC I'm gonna do this. I'll post and let you kno how it goes. Thanks again

OP
T

tha rockstar

Reaction score
If I use tha utility to go back to .211 when I go to system update will it install jellybean .16?

nhepler90

Reaction score
It should. You can also go to Verizons website and be able to download the update directly, or use the utility to flash it over. There are a few ways to do it.

OP
T

tha rockstar

Reaction score
I'm also wondering if I want to use foxfi or another program to tether do I need to unfreeze Smart Actions. I've also noticed on Jelly Haters ROM that Verizon Mobile hotspot and stock USB tether has been removed. If I revert back to ICS .211 and get tha OTA update to 98.72.16 will this fix this. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance