Issue with OTA Jelly Bean on Stock Verizon Galaxy Nexus - Red Triangle with ! Point

7 VII 7

Reaction score
Wife has a stock Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Phone has never been rooted and is running the 4.0.4 OS that was pushed by Verizon OTA last time there was an update. She got the notification for the Jelly Bean Update over OTA the other day but when she went to "Restart & Install" it rebooted and showed the little Android with the blue icon spinning in his stomach. After about 15 seconds of spinning the little Android shows up on his back with a red triangle with a black exclamation point in there.
AndroidRedTriangle.jpeg

The phone sits there for 30 seconds and then reboots to the 4.0.4 OS version.

I try to "Restart and Install" again when the update is noticed but does the same thing.

What is going on and what can I do to ensure that she gets the update without forcing a factory reset on her phone?

Thanks!

OP

7 VII 7

Reaction score
I would FDR and then take the OTA. It will give an absolute fresh start.
I just did that. Still got the little red triangle with the ! point over the Android.... WTF is going on. I would expect this if she is rooted or has ever been rooted... but she has not.

Any help guys?

OP

7 VII 7

Reaction score
I did a recovery format of the /data and /cache mode also just last night. Still having the same issue. The phone will download the OTA update and install it... and it will reboot and when it shows the little android with the blue spinning icon in the middle it will go for a couple seconds and then go back to the android on his back with the red triangle ! Point.

Anyone have any ideas before I call verizon and ask for a replacement phone?

huskur

Reaction score
I did a recovery format of the /data and /cache mode also just last night. Still having the same issue. The phone will download the OTA update and install it... and it will reboot and when it shows the little android with the blue spinning icon in the middle it will go for a couple seconds and then go back to the android on his back with the red triangle ! Point.

Anyone have any ideas before I call verizon and ask for a replacement phone?

If you have done all of that and you still have the same issue I think its time to have it replaced. What you did was take it back to factory standards so IMO the device is bad.