Super-noob is in the room

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by Orion223, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Orion223

Orion223 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all - just got my droid about a month ago - and I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing with it lol. Please be understanding if I ask what may seem to you a stupid or inane question, as I really do not know much more than bare basics about my droid. Looking forward to really getting to know this phone :) BTW, what exactly is a ROM? see that in the forums quite often, yet only have an inkling as to it's meaning.
  2. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Welcome to the Forum... A ROM is usually a customized version of an OS that runs our phones...Simple explanation...I am sure someone will expand on that...
  3. nerdbox08

nerdbox08 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to the forums! Ask your questions, we have answers...sometimes lol. Do remember though there is an extensive amount of knowledge and a search prior to posting would be good :)

There isn't much more to explain about a rom really except there are different authors and they include different features, that's probably why we see so many. It's linux based so we get options :)
  4. Orion223

Orion223 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's basically NOT what I thought it was lol - though I was on the same track of thinking... thanks