New Guy!

cas1834

Reaction score
Hi all, I've been watching these threads for a couple months and I am finally jumping in too. I just wanted to say I love my Droid and have been rooted and unrooted and switching mods several times per week looking for just the right one. Still looking ;-)
Stupid noob question: how do I take a screen shot of my desktop? Looking forward to all I can learn and hopefully I can help someone along the line as well.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome :)

Yeah try out Drocap2. But also, since you said you try mods and such, I assume you have the SDK installed on your computer?

If you do, in the /tools folder, find a file named ddms.bat (may have to run it as administrator), when it loads up, make sure your phone is plugged with USB Debugging on,

You will see a little window in toward the top left of the screen, the top line should say "Online" and will have a tiny little phone next to it. Click that, and then click on "Device" at the top of the screen. Click Screen Capture...and save your photo!

OP
cas1834

cas1834

Reaction score
Hi, Thanks for your quick answer. I actually don't have SDK on mine. I've been using first the Droid Root Helper method of rooting, then Sholes, now Droidmod and various Nandroid Updates to flash and reflash and try new stuff. I also just found a screen capture app on the Market, called ShootMe. Works pretty good except you have to shake the phone for it to initiate a capture, or you can choose the audio option and shout into the mic to capture. There are problems with either (the screen may be in the middle of transitioning from portrait to landscape while you shake it, and each time I get a notification sound..it's loud enough to set off the screen cap app) However, that being said, the screen caps are pretty good and very simple. I'm writing to the dev with a suggestion for a third option of a simple menu option to activate screen cap (maybe not so simple though and that's why he didn't use it ;-)