Suggestions for Google to make Android simply the best smartphone

citronbull

Reaction score
I want to start a ideas/suggestions thread to make Android simply the best phone so Apple fanboys and Crack(head)berry users will join us. Here are a few of mine:

1. Battery life: maybe something solar or something that will last 3-5 days.
2. Screen Resolution: I admit the Retina display is very nice and I KNOW other
companies can make something better if they put the effort.
3. Less plastic, more steel or aluminum w/o making it too heavy

Let's make this a constructive thread please. Hopefully someone at Google looks at this thread and relays it to someone in upper management.

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
I want to start a ideas/suggestions thread to make Android simply the best phone so Apple fanboys and Crack(head)berry users will join us. Here are a few of mine:

Let's make this a constructive thread please. Hopefully someone at Google looks at this thread and relays it to someone in upper management.

Its not really up to Google to make these changes. Its Moto, Samsung, etc where you have to be giving your suggestions to. Correct me if im wrong but Google does have a phone called the Nexus S, but since your posting this one the Droid X part of the Forum then you are not referring to this specific phone.

Other than that, the above things arent that bad. The retina display isnt that great and isnt that much higher of a resolution than it was before. OLED screens can do much better than that poop.

xan

Reaction score
Battery life: something that will last 3-5 days.....
..... w/o making it too heavy
If anyone had figured out the secret to that combination, while still retaining all the bells and whistles we want, we'd all be flocking to them.

OP
C

citronbull

Reaction score

Its not really up to Google to make these changes. Its Moto, Samsung, etc where you have to be giving your suggestions to. Correct me if im wrong but Google does have a phone called the Nexus S, but since your posting this one the Droid X part of the Forum then you are not referring to this specific phone.

Other than that, the above things arent that bad. The retina display isnt that great and isnt that much higher of a resolution than it was before. OLED screens can do much better than that poop.

I agree with your point about Retina especially the newer Android phones have pretty screen resolutions like the Thunderbolt and Galaxy S II. Don't you think the Apple will make that resolution better on the iphone 5?

OP
C

citronbull

Reaction score
weight

Battery life: something that will last 3-5 days.....
..... w/o making it too heavy
If anyone had figured out the secret to that combination, while still retaining all the bells and whistles we want, we'd all be flocking to them.

The keyword is too heavy. I want some weight to my phone. Lighter phones feel cheap.

wmscottmc

Reaction score
Most of your suggestions would be for the phone manufacturer, and not Google.

Here are a few suggestions that I have for Google.

1) Better control over notifications including the light.
2) Sync with Outlook
3) The ability to skip the swipe to open the phone if a password is entered
4) A good backup app that backs up all app data
5) Better cut & paste

I know there are apps for most of this, but some should be built in to the OS

qyuubi786

Reaction score
How about having an automatic data enable/ un-enable function.

By having data automatically turn on when connecting to web browser/ market, etc. and automatically turn off when not using the internet will save battery life when it is not necessary.

JMZ316

Reaction score
Android OS Interface Improvement

I have one suggestion that I hear over and over and I agree with it 100%. Move the "Mute/UnMute" button out from under the gigantic "END CALL" button. Riding in a car, or on a bus, or if you have big figures, you can accidentally end your call without any confirmation if you were trying to quickly "UnMute" when called upon in a Conference call. I have went to hit that "UnMute" button countless times, and slipped up and ended the call. I've even occasionally ended the entire call, when I was the Leader. LOL Can they please move the END CALL button away from all the other little buttons that you must often use during the call, example, Bluetooth, "Mute/UnMute", etc. Just makes sense to me, you have huge unused space up in the top and middle section, who cares about the persons picture anymore if you have already picked up.

I've heard this from many others and it may have already been mentioned, but I think it would make for a nice upgrade in the user experience of the UI.

Thanks!
-JZ