Stuck on Motorola Logo

saitoh66

Reaction score
Hello!

Well first off I'm new to both these forums and more or less android powered phones. I had gotten a friend's old Droid (A855) and after while of getting used to it I wanted to reset the phone to factory settings so my google account would be the primary since I couldn't want to keep asking my friend for his password. However, after the reset it would hang on the Motorola logo so I decided it was just doing its thing and let it go until I woke up the next morning. When I woke up my phone was at the registration screen or whatever (where it asks for google account) but my phone died due to low bat. When I started charging and turned the phone on it would hang on the Red Eye boot screen. So I went into RZR and thought it would be a good idea to "wipe everything" and now I'm back to a hanging Motorola logo but I'm able to get into RZR. Even after a full day of reading numerous threads on different forums I still don't know where to go from here or if I just perma-killed my phone for good. Any advice would be great.

Thanks in advance.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
If you have rzr as recovery, find a rom and flash it. There are usually instructions on how to do it. When you hit wipe, you cleaned your phone. You need to put android back on there.

If you have any questions just ask.

Tapped from an Unbrickable DROID

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes to echo what cjm said, wipe all wiped everything off your phone. You need to find a ROM and flash it.

OP
S

saitoh66

Reaction score
Oh thank god, yall a bunch of lifesavers lol. I guess the next question is can you put ROM.zip files onto the sd card from RZR or will I have to take it out from my phone then use a card reader or whatever.