Stuck on Grey 'Liberty' logo. I have tried data/cache reset, no luck....HELP!

ReDDS

Reaction score
Hi guys. I recently rooted my X and everything worked fine. Now I install the Liberty ROM and it works great and all. However, I open the toolbox to change one setting, the font to sony sketch, and it asks to reboot. That I do, but now my X is stuck on the Grey Liberty logo, and I've tried going into recovery to clear all data and cache, and I have done that around 6 times and rebooted and still no luck. I also get a message on the recovery screen saying can't open cache recovery command.

Please help guys, I'd much rather just go back to stock now than deal with this crap.....

maximumpower

Reaction score
Have you tried reinstalling the ROM when you are in recovery? I had to do that once and that cleared things up.

OP
R

ReDDS

Reaction score
Have you tried reinstalling the ROM when you are in recovery? I had to do that once and that cleared things up.

And how can I do that good sir?

I can get to Android System Recovery <3e>
and there is no such option for that

maximumpower

Reaction score
Go into recovery, choose install from zip file. Navigate to the zip file and install it.

If you downloaded through the toolbox, I believe it puts the file in sdcard/liberty/ROMS/<name_of_zip_file>.

I installed 2.0 and I believe it is called doubleox.zip. If you installed 2.01 directly, it is called Liberty2.01DX.zip.

If you have a Droid2, install double02.zip or Libery2.01D2.zip

This is an educated guess based on what I can see on my phone.

OP
R

ReDDS

Reaction score
Go into recovery, choose install from zip file. Navigate to the zip file and install it.

If you downloaded through the toolbox, I believe it puts the file in sdcard/liberty/ROMS/<name_of_zip_file>.

I installed 2.0 and I believe it is called doubleox.zip. If you installed 2.01 directly, it is called Liberty2.01DX.zip.

If you have a Droid2, install double02.zip or Libery2.01D2.zip

This is an educated guess based on what I can see on my phone.

Maybe we are not thinking about the same recovery.

My recovery gives 4 options.

-Reboot System Now
-Apply SdCard.update.zip (and that gets aborted for some reason)
-Wipe Data/Factory Reset
-Wipe Cache Partition

that's it

maximumpower

Reaction score
OK. I think that is the stock recovery. You need clockworkmod to do what I am talking about. I am not sure if that gets installed automatically with Liberty or not.

From being powered off, while hold the volume down button, press and hold the power button. Hopefully that will get you into clockworkmod recovery.

OP
R

ReDDS

Reaction score
OK. I think that is the stock recovery. You need clockworkmod to do what I am talking about. I am not sure if that gets installed automatically with Liberty or not.

From being powered off, while hold the volume down button, press and hold the power button. Hopefully that will get you into clockworkmod recovery.

I tried exactly what you said, and no luck good sir

maximumpower

Reaction score
I know this is frustrating and I am not being much help.

According to clockworkmod info: My Brain Hurts: Droid X Recovery (and Droid 2 too!)

It says to pull the battery after it is stuck on bootup and it is supposed to run clockwork recovery (if I am reading it correctly).

Having said that, if you didn't specifically download and install clockworkmod, I am not sure it is on your phone but then it may be possible it is installed with Liberty.

Good luck!

OP
R

ReDDS

Reaction score
I know this is frustrating and I am not being much help.

According to clockworkmod info: My Brain Hurts: Droid X Recovery (and Droid 2 too!)

It says to pull the battery after it is stuck on bootup and it is supposed to run clockwork recovery (if I am reading it correctly).

Having said that, if you didn't specifically download and install clockworkmod, I am not sure it is on your phone but then it may be possible it is installed with Liberty.

Good luck!

So on the grey Liberty logo screen, I pull the battery...? I've tried that over two dozen times by now...

So I suppose I need to SBF it or something?

maximumpower

Reaction score
Yeah, I guess you have to SBF. I have never done that myself. Hopefully someone will chime in here.

Sorry I couldn't be more help

JsinLegacy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
continue to pull the battery... at times you might have to pull several times before it boots into CWR...

OP
R

ReDDS

Reaction score
continue to pull the battery... at times you might have to pull several times before it boots into CWR...

Well, I have pulled it several times...no luck...

I just decided to start the SBF process, hopefully that'll work....:heart:

mobile_sensei

Team Liberty
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Battery Pull Do Not Power On Phone
Plug In Wall Charger Let Phone Go Into Charge Cycle
Unplug Charger
Power On Phone & You Will Be In Clockwork Recovery

OP
R

ReDDS

Reaction score
Battery Pull Do Not Power On Phone
Plug In Wall Charger Let Phone Go Into Charge Cycle
Unplug Charger
Power On Phone & You Will Be In Clockwork Recovery

Aww rats! It's already SBF'ing at the moment. It's at 41% right now, and I'm probably not gonna quit it. I don't wanna hose my X even more :p

However, I WILL try to install the liberty mod again. (It was very sexy for the 15 minutes I had it.....yellow orange and black, what a delicious colour scheme!)

JsinLegacy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
nothing wrong with SBF'ing... I did it several times when i had the X... more then I would have liked to ..