Stuck at Liberty screen!

coheirnt

Reaction score
So I'm stuck in bootloop. I can get into recovery so I know I'm not bricked. I was running liberty gb and tried to install a theme for it from xda. And when the theme opened up to flash it clearly said rubix... so yea. Now I'm stuck at Liberty. I've wiped every thing dalvik, data cahche, factory reset. Even did a restore then wiped again. And still there... so I dunno. I am presently researching rsd and going that route. But I am clearly at a stand still for the moment. Need to learn all I can before I decide to brick it on my ignorance lol... so any help would be great thanks guys.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums

sacnvz

Reaction score
I'm still a noob at this stuff but I'm pretty sure you'll need to SBF at this point. I often go on this website for direction. U D G

mcp770

Reaction score
For some reason gb "appears " to bootloop when loaded on my phone and does so for up to a minute or more on first boot then it loads. Just an fyi in case you didn't wait a minute or two.

Ronsterwvu

Reaction score
Trying going back to bootstrapper -> backup/restore -> advance restore -> and restore only the OS and the Boot... Ignore everything else.

I had this problem, and this is how i was able to get back to Android...

Good luck and let me know.

OP
C

coheirnt

Reaction score
Trying going back to bootstrapper -> backup/restore -> advance restore -> and restore only the OS and the Boot... Ignore everything else.

I had this problem, and this is how i was able to get back to Android...

Good luck and let me know.

No sir this did not work. I just got home from work and tried it. It's just hanging at the liberty screen still. If I get time later ill try and sbf back to stock. Thanks guys.

OP
C

coheirnt

Reaction score
So every time I try to open rsd it just opens in zip file. I've tried unzipping and I can't get it to open. I have windows 7,64 bit. Any help would be just great! Thanks

Paladin

Reaction score
RSD doesn't play nice with Windows 7. When I first tried, I went round and round with it. I then tried it on an older laptop still running XP on it and RSD worked fine and SBF'd without issue.

Tallen1331

Reaction score
i actually have an identical problem. this morning seemingly out of the blue my phone just turned off and when trying to turn it back on it goes into a boot loop... when trying to RSD lite the 2.2.1 sbf file i get a FAILED message... and when trying to use the update.zip to restore my phone to stock i get a message like ".zip file installation aborted"

not sure what to do at this point... anyone have any ideas? ive tried wiping and reinstalling liberty GB.1 .4 and .5 to get the exact same bootloop... hellp

thanks in advance every1

P.S. just wanted to add that im using win 7, and can boot into the bootloader and clockwork... just cant get an OS installed without the bootloops for some reason

Last edited:
OP
C

coheirnt

Reaction score
So I used maderstock zip to get back to stock. And it aborted something due to the difference in radios of froyo and gb. So I'm going to use http://www.DroidXForums.com/forum/d...-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html . So now when I go into bootloader says battery low blah blah .. then when I plug it in to charge I get a ? Mark in the battery icon. So is it charging? Or not so much?

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
RSD doesn't play nice with Windows 7. When I first tried, I went round and round with it. I then tried it on an older laptop still running XP on it and RSD worked fine and SBF'd without issue.

I had no problems with RSD on Windows 7 Ultimate....but I did run it as administrator. Don't know if that is what was missing when you did it.

OP
C

coheirnt

Reaction score

I had no problems with RSD on Windows 7 Ultimate....but I did run it as administrator. Don't know if that is what was missing when you did it.

I tried that but it only opens up in zip file. And when I go to the Rsd icon there's no comparability tab to run as administrator. I have to select it on my zip program??

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
no....my best adice right here would be to go to youtube and either search for RSD lite in Windows 7 or SBF'ing with RSD lite in Windows 7

or better yet just search "Run as administrator in Windows 7"

OP
C

coheirnt

Reaction score
I'll look into it. I have to get it to charge first either way :) but I think I got an easy fix for that. Luckily a couple friends at work have the same phone so ill just charge it there in one of there phones. and when I get home hopefully either way I can sbf and be up and running tomorrow Eve.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is always that SBF cable from TBH. I am thinking of getting one just for this type of thing. IT's $50 but worth it if you are stuck in this type of situation.