Stuck on "Add accounts"

Pesti13nce

Reaction score
So, i ended up accidently deleting ADW thinking i could just use the stock Gingerbread instead of ADW, well now it's stuck on the "Add accounts" page. When ever I click done it just loops back to it. Everything else works fine. My thought is could I just get the ADW, APK and just install it thru Clockwork? Anyone remember what button you press while powering up the device to go into Clockwork recovery? I can't remember..:unsure:

tnygigles66

Reaction score
try using the search key to find a home launcher replacement, then install it. I had a similar situation where i flashed a rom, but the home launcher didn't install so every time I pressed the home key the set-up would pop up, which was stuck at adding accounts.

OP
P

Pesti13nce

Reaction score
how do i open Clockwork mod at reboot again? I did make a restore of GB

OP
P

Pesti13nce

Reaction score
found an old APK for it and just updated it.. all good

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try a battery pull. Can't you just hit the home key and choose the stock launcher?

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7-Droid addict

OP
P

Pesti13nce

Reaction score
No stock launcher within the new Liberty Rom apparently.. Only options i had were ADW and Setup...

OP
P

Pesti13nce

Reaction score
Took me a min, I just pulled the APK out of the v.07 and emailed it to myself, the email still popped up so.. even better.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Liberty should come with launcher 2 and adw. Hope you get it fixed. Or just reflash without wiping

OP
P

Pesti13nce

Reaction score
Oh, i got it fixed, went thru the apps on the .zip for .07 only ADW. No big deal, tho i will admit i'm not impressed with ADW it is so friggen slow, probably the reason i never used it.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Launcher pro flies. You know you can adjust the speed and pretty much every parameter on lp as well as adw, go launcher etc..I'm not a fan of adw either.

OP
P

Pesti13nce

Reaction score
i used launcher pro, in the past i may go back. I'm going to try it later in the week, not in a huge rush right now.

ddback

Reaction score
You sir, are a hero

try using the search key to find a home launcher replacement, then install it. I had a similar situation where i flashed a rom, but the home launcher didn't install so every time I pressed the home key the set-up would pop up, which was stuck at adding accounts.

Holy cow how simplistically obvious!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! You TOTALLY saved my bacon today!