HELP!! Stuck in forceclose for ADW launcher and can't get out!!

lgalcarte

Reaction score
Ok. So I tried to change my phone today to halloween themes and went into the ADW launcher settings menu and changed the icons to halloween go launcher icons, not realizing at the time I hit it that I use the ADW launcher. As soon as I clicked on it I got stuck in never, never land of "ADW launcher has stopped unexpectedly" and I hit the forceclose button only to have the damn popup come back OVER AND OVER AGAIN! I tried to plug it in to the computer and delete all the ADW files that I could find both on the phone and SD card, reboot, etc. but that didn't work.

Then I tried to do the one click fastboot and restore that's recently been posted and hailed on here and that didn't work either. I followed the directions exactly and my phone never responded. The screen never changed and the phone didn't reboot or anything.

I then tried Pete's one click method to unroot and it said my backup was not located. I tried to re-root and the phone didn't respond to that either.

I can't get past this damn pop up to get to my settings to do anything. Man, this is frustrating!

It's after 11 and I have to get up at 5:30 for work so I'm going to bed and hoping I can get this figured out tomorrow. I give up for tonight. Looks like I'll be without a phone tomorrow until after work. I'm not going to have time to play around with it again until then, or maybe on my lunch.

Any suggestions?

(Rooted BIONIC, Unleashed Theory 1.4? Rom)

OP
L

lgalcarte

Reaction score
FIXED! I was able to get into my email through notifications, where I was able to get on the internet. I went to a market link, got into the market app, and was able to uninstall ADW launcher. WHEW!

tbell6

Reaction score
FIXED! I was able to get into my email through notifications, where I was able to get on the internet. I went to a market link, got into the market app, and was able to uninstall ADW launcher. WHEW!

Isn't it amazing the problems we can solve by "sleeping on it." several times have resolved soft bricks after awaking.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums