Major Launcher Issues

ggregs15

Reaction score
A few days ago I installed ADW Launcher Ex - the first few hours it worked great. When I woke up the next day, everything changed - my phone was slow, freezing, forceclosing, etc. I wanted to throw it out a window. Since I was having such issues I factory reset my entire phone to try and start fresh.

I've read many things about rooting but I don't really understand what it is or benefits etc. so I just stick to stock and try to download cool themes until it led to my phone being nonfunctional.

Is ADW Launcher Ex incompatible with the fascinate galaxy s? Anyone have any suggestions?

Also - anyone know how to delete the stock apps that come preset with the phone? I try to go into manage applications but there is no where to uninstall the stock ones.

Thanks so much.

SCH-I500

JustisLewis

Reaction score
Also - anyone know how to delete the stock apps that come preset with the phone? I try to go into manage applications but there is no where to uninstall the stock ones.

Thanks so much.

SCH-I500

That is one of the benefits of rooting. To delete preinstalled apps you must be rooted

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
G

ggregs15

Reaction score
Any suggestions on the best thread to chose from on how to root?

Jenaht

Reaction score
I recommend Go Launcher Ex. Ben using it for weeks. No issues like you experienced with ADW.

Sent from my Stock Fascinate using DroidForums App